Not happy with Poly Performance - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Vendor / Member Feedback Share past experiences you've had with vendors or members.
Verification / proof will be requested on all negative feedback.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not happy with Poly Performance

I wanted to order a Speed Industries steering wheel for my Teryx and looking online I had a hard time finding someone that sells the one I wanted. I found a few and they would have the wrong model or found like two that had the wheel I wanted but didn't show the hub adapter anywhere. So this one place, Poly Performance showed the wheel at what I think was a pretty good price but only showed the hub adapters for the Rhino, etc. So I decided to give them a call and see if they sold the ones for the Teryx. I should have known when it didn't sound like a very professional operation on the phone but after some fumbling around I was told no problem and that they just hadn't listed them on the website but they had them and they were the same price as the other hub adapters listed on the website. So I said cool, sold. So then the guy asks me if I want to just order it on the website. I was like uh, didn't we just go through this, you don't have it listed on the website. He was like oh yeah. So I give him all my info on the phone and he says he will try and get it out that day. They are in the same state as me so I am thinking sweet, I might have it the next day. So anyway the next day I get a call asking me for some of the information I had already given them the day before so they can get my order shipped out. So I give it to them again and of course this is Friday now so I am thinking great now I have to wait until Monday. So like a week goes by and I tried calling a few times and couldn't get them on the phone so I finally emailed them on Friday and ask what is up with my order and why didn't I get emailed an invoice like I was told I was. They finally respond to me on Monday by just emailing me my invoice. First I run the tracking number and find out it was just billed that day and hasn't even been picked up yet. Second they are having it drop shipped from the manufacturer that is about an hour from my house. Third they charged me like $5 more for the steering wheel than what it showed on their website. I email them back and said I won't even going into the whole shipping situation and still not having my product 12 days after I was expecting it but that they overcharged me for the steering wheel. I get a reply with a link to their product page which now has a higher price and am told I was charged what their website shows. That's nice but that isn't the price their website showed almost two weeks ago when I ordered it. They also said they screwed up and that is why my order is just being shipped today and they also asked what else they could do to make me happy. So I take a shot in the dark and trying pulling up a cached version of their page on google and what do you know it shows the lower price that it showed the day I placed my order. So I save a copy of the cached page in PDF format and email them back with it attached and tell them they could make me happy by crediting me the difference for the steering wheel and while they were at it giving me at least a partial credit on the shipping for their screw up. That was two days ago and I haven't heard from them. I am getting ready to just send it to my credit card company. You might want to think twice about ordering from these guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 PM
CommanderTalk.com

You are going to find that happens a lot. Let me ask you this...are they a brick and mortar shop or just a work from home business. Please understand I am not knocking the wor at home folks, cause I know a few and they will bend over backwards to take care of their customers. You do have the option of disputing the charges, and if you have a screen shot of the actual price, seems like a slam dunk to me

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

I am not even sure if they are brick and mortar or not. They have a higher end website but that doesn't mean anything.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 AM

They are a big outfit, I have ordered from them before with no issues.

Does seem they dropped the ball on you but you will have a tough time on the card thing.

If you ordered it and you did, the card will get reversed in their favor. You might want to just not order from them again and try to get what they owe you then wipe your feet of them.

Todd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement