Oceano state park - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Western Region The Western Region includes the following States:

Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oceano state park

I live in Phoenix and never been to California. Impressions of Oceano? I have july 4th to the 12th off from work and was contemplating vacation ideas: either Co or Ca. Ca offers some great state parks (kings valley & yosemite I`d like to see) and the change for some great surf fishing. I havent been fishing in years, and oceano looks like a great way to combined some seat time and fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Well good luck if u get a pass my friend. Only 1 car per pass and your" site holds 8 people" but its a good time .! people playing horse shoes and the cool ocean temps are a good relaxing spot. you better have a 4x4 truck cuz thier no roads into the dunes.

Lankdog
09 750 Terxy
Pro circuit full system
Velocity Filter
Dalton Clutch kit
Custom 4 seat Cage
Vortex Twisted Stitch
CROW 4 point harness
2" wheel spacers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankdog-Cali View Post
Well good luck if u get a pass my friend. Only 1 car per pass and your" site holds 8 people" but its a good time .! people playing horse shoes and the cool ocean temps are a good relaxing spot. you better have a 4x4 truck cuz thier no roads into the dunes.
Everything I own is 4x4, no worries about that. Is there an area to park a tow rig? Are passes hard to get? Party spot huh?

Would be cool to get some seat time and surf fish in the same spot.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
Everything I own is 4x4, no worries about that. Is there an area to park a tow rig? Are passes hard to get? Party spot huh?

Would be cool to get some seat time and surf fish in the same spot.
Pismo is one of my favorite camping spots. If your going to just ride you may be dissapointed because it small dunes, no comparison to Glamis. But if you want to do some non aggressive riding, camp on beach front proerty, chill with the family, do some shore fishing, go into town and have some seafood/clam chowder (SPLASH CAFE) maybe drive up to morro bay/arroyo gradnde and catch a 1/2 day boat, you should enjoy it. You will find the people who dont care for it usually are the ones who need that open feel of Glamis and so forth, I know cause Glamis is no comparison, but Pismo is great for us weve been going for 30 years I have family out there and have learned to enjoy the dunes and all the stuff to do in town and surrounding areas. Bring a tarp cause your shits gonna get real damp over night, dont ride on the shore salt water is a bitch, and wash down real good when t=you get home salt air, slat water and salty sand = rust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement