Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 teryx used. It feels like it is taking longer to pick up speed and struggles to reach 48 to 49 miles per hour. It also has a occasional miss when at idle and when running low rpms. It pops through the exhast on decceleration. The belt makes a noise like it slips on hard acceleration but only for a second. The bike is stock accept for 26X11X12 tires on itp wheels. I have adjusted the valves the carb seems to be clean the only thing i havent done is change the fuel filter. I have two different cdi boxes a dynatek and pro con but neither one makes a lot of difference max speed is around 52 with them. I am open for any ideas as to what it may be.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Belt loose or glazed?
Exhaust partially plugged with mud?
Jetting may be off a bit but never had to much issue with deceleration pop if iits minor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 teryx used. It feels like it is taking longer to pick up speed and struggles to reach 48 to 49 miles per hour. It also has a occasional miss when at idle and when running low rpms. It pops through the exhast on decceleration. The belt makes a noise like it slips on hard acceleration but only for a second. The bike is stock accept for 26X11X12 tires on itp wheels. I have adjusted the valves the carb seems to be clean the only thing i havent done is change the fuel filter. I have two different cdi boxes a dynatek and pro con but neither one makes a lot of difference max speed is around 52 with them. I am open for any ideas as to what it may be.
How many miles? I would say check the belt deflection or replace the belt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got it fixed turned out I needed intake valves I also replaced the belt while I was working on it. It runs great now. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts