Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
teryx hasn't been starting good. yesterday started and noticed gas from exhaust. tore all covers off around engine and could not find anything obvious. changed plugs,cleaned filter,sprayed carb cleaner in carb ports. no change. afraid to start it. up this morn and noticed gas on ground. dripping from muffler every couple minutes. HELP, DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Two possible things, one of the cylinders is not firing or the diaphragm in the fuel pump is leaking fuel by and raw fuel is getting sucked into the rear cylinder and blown out the back.

Easy check on fuel pump, go pull the vacuum line off the rear cylinder and suck on it real hard for about ten seconds or so. If you get fuel in your mouth it is leaking

Also, check your oil and see if the level is high and it smells like gas

Todd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Todd you were right on the money. Too bad I already had it in the shop before I got your message. Dealer said it was carbs so rebuilt them-didn't help. Kept telling them what you said so finally replaced fuel pump-took care of it. Total cost $620.00 Thanks for your help Stumpy in Wv

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Todd you were right on the money. Too bad I already had it in the shop before I got your message. Dealer said it was carbs so rebuilt them-didn't help. Kept telling them what you said so finally replaced fuel pump-took care of it. Total cost $620.00 Thanks for your help Stumpy in Wv
Thanks for the kudos and WOW!!! on the $620, now you know why we call them "Stealerships"

Sad really that the dealers know the least!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts