Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went riding Saturday and put the teryx into 4wd to load it and when I got to ride it wouldn't shift back to 2wd. Any idea what I've done???

·
Registered
114 Posts
went riding Saturday and put the teryx into 4wd to load it and when I got to ride it wouldn't shift back to 2wd. Any idea what I've done???
Sometimes the machine is a little finnicky about going back to 2nd. Sometimes it goes right back and sometimes it takes a little riding. If you go into reverse for a few feet after pushing the switch back to second, it will immediately shift back to 2nd..

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 4wd switch works off an actuator, 2 of our 3 teryx's have this issue as well. Lube the cables really well, check the vacuum lines coming and going from the actuator, and worse case, reach under and manually shift it out of 4wd from the diff. The 4wd lever is on the passenger side of the bike and the difflock is on the driver side. All 3 of ours have had to have new difflock cables installed because they like to get plugged up with mud and seize. We grease them very heavily now before installing them to prevent the issues. The actuator is under the main engine plastic right by the passengers calf at the front of the belt box mounted to the seat bracing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i had the same issue, mud in the cables. when i went to replace it it was on factory backorder, so i bypassed the entire system and built a floor shifter with a rod for a link instead of a cable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts