Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen - I have a 2009 with fuel injection. On a recent trip to Moab, we were driving down a relatively flat two-track road at 15 - 20 mph. Temperature was approximately 70 F. The belt warning light began to flash rapidly, the motor lost power, the speedometer began showing 0, and the coolant temp icon came on. I pulled over and shut down the motor. I put the ignition in "on" so that the fan would run. After 5 - 10 minutes, I started back up. After driving for 2 - 5 minutes, the same process repeated itself. We eventually were able to limp back to the truck. I called my dealer who suspected a problem with the speed sensor. The speed sensor connection is solid.

Upon returning home, I drove it to the dealership without problem. The dealer and I took it for a test drive and were unable to replicate the issue. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks very much. ELN

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would check all of the electrical connections, I know that they are voltage sensitive, on the prairie a low battery would make the light come on. the speedo reading zero would make me thing a electrical connection or a speed sensor. I know the teryx belt protection monitors wheel speed and if the throttle is applied but the speedo reads zero for to long the computer will cut power to prevent damage. a speedo reading zero would cause this. If the speed sensor is good I would start with battery cables and fuses and then grounds to make sure everything is tight. on my prairie a loose battery cable would foul up the system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts