Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the specific differences between the 08 & 09 CVT covers? I foudn an article that noted the 09 had a "all new aluminum cvt cover that acts as a heat sink for better CVT Cooling"

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
todd, you are still talking about the exhuast tube ( as described on babbits). you know anything about the intake tube there in front of the shifter? suppose to have been enlarged and better functioning.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No filter on the intake, it looks pretty similar to the 08 from what I remember.

I cannot tell any difference between the CVT covers, but I have never had them side by side off the machines.

The rear CVT outlet snorkel as Todd says is WAY better design. Now splashing through puddles is not going to get water into it like the 08.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, some research reveals that the CVT cover is the same.
the intake tube is different. I am going to get one ordered and try it out, and mod to allow a filter.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Unless you are riding in some super dusty conditions you are not going to get much dust in the CVT. I have had my CVT cover off many times and it has never been dirty inside there. My concern would be that any filter that could filter dust would compromise the airflow and cause more heat in the CVT which could get bad fast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts