Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sold our 08 model and will be picking up our 09 model in about two weeks. My dealer had to special order one.

Right now you can get a fuel controller for it from several companies but they are all going to be made by Dobeck, we will sell the Muzzy version.

Dynatek says they should have their ignition for the 09 model in March.

MSD says it will be about four months before they have production models going which will be a ignition/fuel controller.

I will be working directly with MSD on their unit and will be doing initial testing on it, working on maps and so forth.

So for right now if you have a 09 model and want more power, you can buy the Muzzy exhaust and the Digitune fuel controller. As soon as we get ours we will be installing this and working out the setup on the Digitune. As soon as Dynatek gets their ignition out we will add this to it. I'm sure they will have a fuel controller for it as well and we will check it out too.

Now when MSD gets theirs out, it will simply be the way to go period. MSD says they will have some new and slightly different software in this model which will allow a couple of ways to tune it. More details on this later.

Like the the Rhino unit we will sell it pre-programmed with a couple of curves in it, one for the stock exhaust and one for the Muzzy exhaust.

Speaking of pre-programmed maps, I really don't know why a consumer would buy a fuel controller of any kind that was not pre-set. Fuel injection is great if you have a load control dyno and computer set it up, as a matter of fact it is much easier than a carb model and much faster to do. But I can't see for the life of me how a end user would be able to set it up without the dyno therefore for the least amount of headaches buy a pre-programmed one. Yeah I know, I am pointing you to us but I promise you we are doing it right and will make your install painless and your gains maximized.

One more thing a couple people have asked me about elevation changes and the fuel controllers. It does not matter, the stock ECU still compensates for it, the fuel controller just rides piggy back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hworks-

Thanks for the info and I am way excited to get both (exhaust and fuel controller with ignition)!!!!!! Thanks for all your insight and the time you spend in research to make things as efficient as possible!!!!!

Can we get the exhaust and the fuel controller now and then piggy back the ignition?????

Again thanks for all you do for people in the Teryx world!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You could do that, just don't know how good the ignition only will be but someone who wants something now then the pipe and fuel controller only would be the ticket
By changing the exhaust and the fuel controller will the Teryx out run a stock RZR?? My father in law has a RZR and it will be a COLD DAY in HECK before he outruns me... I need to do something before we go on our first ride. Just looking for your expertise!!!!!!!

Thanks-

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Get the Dalton Clutch Kit and OD Clutch Cover and I think that would do it for you. Todd could tell you for sure, not to many RZR's around these parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hunter your going to be getting a lot of my money:D I have an 09 also and have been waiting for someone to set one up, and what i have seen you do in the past i think i will be following your lead. Keep me informed bro. Ill be watching for your posts.:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
By changing the exhaust and the fuel controller will the Teryx out run a stock RZR?? My father in law has a RZR and it will be a COLD DAY in HECK before he outruns me... I need to do something before we go on our first ride. Just looking for your expertise!!!!!!!

Thanks-
Go for the damn ride! Get beat. Make mods. Make bet with father in law. Whup ass. Collect money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Go for the damn ride! Get beat. Make mods. Make bet with father in law. Whup ass. Collect money.
I LIKE IT!!! In the game of GOLF.... I use to call that SAND BAGGING or kind of a Pool Shark attitude or philosophy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you go on that ride, and he pokes fun at you, park on a steep hill. RZRs don't have parking brakes and if they put their transmission in park on even a gentle hill they jam in park. If he tries parking sideways to the hill to avoid this, he risks rolling over. Particularly if he has the early narrow model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts