Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has an stock 09 teryx that has never been mudbogged and the radiator is clean and its runs hot as hell.the fan will run for 20 minutes at a time and very often...there is no lights on the dash so what could it be?my 840 with engine ice runs alot cooler or the fan on mine doesnt run nearly as much.thanks guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
you could try flushing your cooling system,and adding one of dasa'a impellars, mine had similiar issues, flushed the cooling system, added some additive, and while in the process, checked that my thermostat was functioning properly,and I also hard wired my fan to a switch, so it runs when I push the switch, which I just let her run all the time, doesn't hurt anything and she definatley runs cooler, no heating issues, at all.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I second the fan switch...the factory has these things wired to come on at 195 and I think thats a tad too warm to START cooling down your machine...I wired mine into a switch and the only time it gets hot now is if I forget to turn on the switch...which I do from time to time...I gotta get off my butt and wire in a relay...one more thing to do...:p

·
Registered
151 Posts
check for air lock, if coolant is not passing across temp sender it eill never show that its hot,there is purge or bleeder screw at thermostat housing, i usually leave screw out while im filling radiator till coolant comes out of bleeder.and still have trouble purging air from system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts