Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 with tracks, I have the dalton clutch kit. Hear is my problem, after running a few miles it start loosing power, when you tromp on the go pedel it bogs down. I thought maybe my clutches were getting hot that is why I put on the dalton kit. Still have the same problem. Couple more things I learned today if i put my hand to block airflow into the airbox, basicly cutting the airflow in 1/2 I can get back some of my power with less bog. 1 more thing learned today if I stop and turn off the engine and restart bog is completly gone for a small distance but eventually starts loosing topend. I am thinking it has to be a sensor sending a signal to the ecu telling it to go into a rich mode. No lites are on and does not seem hot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hunterworks, it seems like i saw either on your site or one of these fourms that if you get some kind of box you can plug your laptop in and read quite a few of the sensors, would this be a good starting point? Years ago I had a snowmobile that the temp sensor went bad and it would make the machine run rich, but since when i cut off some of the air it runs better this machine must be going lean which makes no sence at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, just ordered a service manual. Sure hope I can get this figured out as it is no fun to ride a slug.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here started doing it 5 days ago.MSD with dasa program Dalton clutch n muzzy exhaust did 70 mph.At first top speed was 54 mph went on a 100 mile cruise at the end could barely go 15 mph. tps is showing 100% at WOT .coolant sensor is working fine.Im thinking fuel pump or factory ecm..?Dont want to just guess at it .come on help me out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine turned out to be a bad fuel pump and after owning for almost a year and over 3k Kawasaki warntied the pump...But now I have a problem where the speedo starts reading lower then the actual speed and then the belt lite come on then it goes to limp mode....

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah.Thanks for the update! thinking it was the pump.Im over a year but will ask the dealer.over 400 for a pump.did you take it in to the dealer for your new problems?Are you running a programmer on ur teryx now? starting to think i need to buy a spare one for parts or sell it ! Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No programer on the machine, have not taken to the dealer yet for new problem...I am starting to think that new can am looks pretty nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts