Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!! This all happened after I was working on the back of our deer lease last week and had to go thru a rising creek to get back out. Not wanting to, I'm 57 I had no choice! My 09 Teryx 750 (2800 mi.) (300 mi. since top end rebuild) has had FI flashing every other time I've cranked up to use it since. Now it melted the back cylinder's ignition coil. I replaced the coil, unplugged both black boxes cleaned and applied dielectric grease, plugged back in. Cranked and ran for about an hour and then melted the same coil again. No phone signal and a long walk so I drove it on one cylinder until it died and blew the 30 amp fuse and also the 10 amp fuel pump fuse. Replaced the fuses and the fuel pump fuse blew as soon as I turned the key on. Replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, pulled the tank for complete cleaning, cranked and ran but missed with the bad coil still in. Learned how to run code test and got a code 52. (#2 coil or ECU) I unscrewed all engine and frame grounds and cleaned with wire wheel and reinstalled. I am waiting for another coil to come in. Anyone have any experiences like this? If so what am I missing? Do I need a new FI ECU box?
Thanks for your help
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Todd at Hunterworks just wanted to send out a special thanks to you for putting out the YouTube video that gave me the courage to rebuild my Teryx! Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts