Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our initial testing of the Muzzy exhaust on the 09 Teryx showed we didn’t need a fuel controller the air/fuel ratios were slighter higher than what I would do if I was making a fuel map but definitely not in the range of hurting anything.

After installing the Speed Box and overdrive plate, the top speeds got into the 60mph range I retested to check the air/fuel ratios and found it was running leaner in the higher speeds than I am comfortable with, it was in the mid to high 13 range.

I installed the Muzzy Digi-Tune fuel controller only with no ignition, made no adjustments as it was pre-programmed from Muzzy and it simply worked as is. It also gave me about 2 more HP over running without it so that is an added plus for sure.

Do you need the controller if you don’t have the overdrive plate and Speed Box? Need no, but it will get you in the correct air/fuel ratio range, run cooler and give slightly more performance and you would know you are not running too lean.

Another thing this controller does NOT need a computer to adjust but you will still need at least a air/fuel ratio gauge to know how much fuel to add and where. As mentioned earlier, if all you have is the exhaust then no adjustments are necessary.

For more information on fuel controllers and fuel injection go back to the list of tech articles and scroll down. There are several article that cover it.

Temperature and elevation do not matter as the stock ECU will still adjust on the fly for this.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
In our initial testing of the Muzzy exhaust on the 09 Teryx showed we didn’t need a fuel controller the air/fuel ratios were slighter higher than what I would do if I was making a fuel map but definitely not in the range of hurting anything.

After installing the Speed Box and overdrive plate, the top speeds got into the 60mph range I retested to check the air/fuel ratios and found it was running leaner in the higher speeds than I am comfortable with, it was in the mid to high 13 range.

I installed the Muzzy Digi-Tune fuel controller only with no ignition, made no adjustments as it was pre-programmed from Muzzy and it simply worked as is. It also gave me about 2 more HP over running without it so that is an added plus for sure.

Do you need the controller if you don’t have the overdrive plate and Speed Box? Need no, but it will get you in the correct air/fuel ratio range, run cooler and give slightly more performance and you would know you are not running too lean.

Another thing this controller does NOT need a computer to adjust but you will still need at least a air/fuel ratio gauge to know how much fuel to add and where. As mentioned earlier, if all you have is the exhaust then no adjustments are necessary.

For more information on fuel controllers and fuel injection go back to the list of tech articles and scroll down. There are several article that cover it.

Temperature and elevation do not matter as the stock ECU will still adjust on the fly for this.
Thank you for doing the legwork again Todd, this is exactly the info I need to know. I have the Muzzy's system here and the Digitune now just need to make time for the install. Thank you for the great info!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts