Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchsed a new 09 base model Teryx a couple of weeks ago. It had 12hrs on it and the dealer did a full service B4 I picked it up. I put about 10 hrs on (now has a total of 22hrs) and the dip stick is on add. I dosen't seem to buring it if it is I can't tell. There seems to be some dust sticks on the front output shaft by the oil filter but not enough to be that. I'm worried any ideas/suggestions. Not sure if I can sleep tonight. Please help!!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Like Todd said 95% sure the crankcase vent tube is pushing oil into your plenum and being burned up, that has been an issue with this motor from day one, just keep your oil checked and if it bothers you to much Todd at Hunterworks has a kit called the STOP kit that will fix that problem, It routes the oil back into the crank case and also welcome to the site Deerblaster

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have noticed oil seeping out of the bottom where the two cases meet near the back. I noticed this when i pulled the skid plate off to get to the oil filter and oil drain plug. I hope it stays to just a seep because i really dont want to pull the motor to replace that gasket

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just curious, did you check the oil after it left the dealer, they might not have topped it off all the way, also are you checking the oil by screwing in the dip stick or just setting it on the threads ? your full level may be differant then theres. If you have oil in the plenum then Hunterworks fix will take care of it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts