Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking at buying a SxS. I posted on here about a teryx or rzr s. Then i saw the rzr xp and a buddy of mine bought a commander 1000. Still have a chance to buy a new 09 teryx but know it wont be comparable top speed to the can am. After all this my question is: a msd, muzzy pro, std bore kit, vfj clutch work, brute bevel gears, catch can mod, larger rad fan and different air filter plenum. What kind of speeds could one pull out of the teryx. Just trying to weigh out the costs vs results. Thought about the rzr xp but after all the axle breakage etc i am walking away from one not to mention the cost. Anyone with all these mods have some results for me to compare.

·
383 Posts
My machine has a 840 stage II cams, DASA air filter, Muzzy Pro, MSD, PCV with autotune, Dalton clutch kit with OD cover, 27.5" pitbull growlers and I can get 70mph out of it. It is heavy and I am heavy so together we are really heavy, so a lighter machine with std bore kit and smaller tires and BF bevel's would likely go faster for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would prefer to stay with the stock throttle bodies and will be running 26" big horns. This will be a trail machine and not a mud runner. Most trails are higher speed trails and if the trail slows it goes into low range from there instead of blowing belts. I dont want to go 840 due to heat issues and long runs so te std bore will do it for me. I know i will not be comparing apples to apples when running with the c a 1000 but every penny in the pocket helps and the look on someones face when they spent $20k compared to a fraction of that and a lower cc machine = PRICELESS!!!. Also like the narrow stance of the teryx to fit down trails when going hunting

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Would prefer to stay with the stock throttle bodies and will be running 26" big horns. This will be a trail machine and not a mud runner. Most trails are higher speed trails and if the trail slows it goes into low range from there instead of blowing belts. I dont want to go 840 due to heat issues and long runs so te std bore will do it for me. I know i will not be comparing apples to apples when running with the c a 1000 but every penny in the pocket helps and the look on someones face when they spent $20k compared to a fraction of that and a lower cc machine = PRICELESS!!!. Also like the narrow stance of the teryx to fit down trails when going hunting
I am in the business of selling stuff and I think your list is too long to accomplish the goal.

MSD, Muzzy Std and overdrive plate should get you 67 68 with stock tires.

Todd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in the business of selling stuff and I think your list is too long to accomplish the goal.

MSD, Muzzy Std and overdrive plate should get you 67 68 with stock tires.

Todd
In what sense do ou think " my lst is too long to accomplish the goal"? Do you mean dollar wise or technical?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
In what sense do ou think " my lst is too long to accomplish the goal"? Do you mean dollar wise or technical?
Your list is a good one but you don't need all that to go nearly 70.

If I was you I would start the list and at some point you maybe satisfied without doing the top end kit.

Unless your planning on doing a big bore stay with muzzy std.

IF you would like to discuss some options without wasting money and doing it right the first time call me first of the week.

Todd
601-771-0070

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know i will not be satisfied with that and is why i would like to go with a std bore kit etc. My prarie is a 730 trail kit and my brute is my race bike with bbk, +4 valva race heads etc and am always looking for more power. Just trying to stay away from too much heat from a bbk. Not to mention doing a engine kit n a new bike is the best time to do it as it is so clean.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to build a machine that has good power all around but can go and run with most SxS machines on top. That is why i figured a std bore kit for the throttle response and vfj clutching to keep the rpm lower etc. I have not built any teryx machines and that is why i am looking for any info and real world numbers for this particular setup. Maybe i dont need the std bore kit to run decent top speed numbers but not knowing what works with these machines and what does not is why i ask for advice on here.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
To run with the faster machines on the top end that will be mid 70s but from hearing most people on here they don't have many places where they can hit those speeds, but if you are wanting to run 68 and up you will have to get away from stock, if you are talking about brute gears you will need some more hp to pull them because once you get over 60 on a stock engine even with the muzzy, msd, od plate and so on you have no throttle response and it just runs out of ump that last 6-8 mph.
As for the old saying there is no such thing as a girl to pretty, having to much fun, or a TERYX TO FAST, thats kind of my thinking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would a std bore kit have the hp to push brute gears? Most std bore kits provide more rpm/speed than a bbk where a bbk is more torque and bottom end. The bevel gear change is not a big job so i could always take it out if it does not have enough jam to push them.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think a standard bore would pull the Brute gears unless you were just extremly heavy or running really big tires, also I think you said you run mostly hard packed surface, I think the the guys that run in the sand dunes need the extra tourque from the 840s. I would call John at Interstate Motorsports (vforce John) thats who I have been talking to about the Brute gears. He can tell you exactly what the gear ratio difference is and his has swapped several. I am doing it in mine but I am doing an 840 with all the extra goodies.
He probally has more experience with the Brutes as for as gear changes and clutch work than anybody else.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think a standard bore would pull the Brute gears unless you were just extremly heavy or running really big tires, also I think you said you run mostly hard packed surface, I think the the guys that run in the sand dunes need the extra tourque from the 840s. I would call John at Interstate Motorsports (vforce John) thats who I have been talking to about the Brute gears. He can tell you exactly what the gear ratio difference is and his has swapped several. I am doing it in mine but I am doing an 840 with all the extra goodies.
He probally has more experience with the Brutes as for as gear changes and clutch work than anybody else.
Big Daddy, you don't even have a Teryx, you ain't fooling no one!! LOL

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yeah I think I have probally at least 2 of them if I just put all of the pieces back together, my wife told me the other day if I did not quit buying parts for it I was going to have to add on to store all the parts, If Kawi would sell me a serial # I would have two and then I would only have about 20,000.00 in each one. LOL

It just ain't meant to be for me and my Teryx, I finally got all of my illness lined out and went to the shop about 2 weeks ago to get my Teryx going, started that morning to work on it and sent my son with my mom to her Dr visit, he called me about 2 hours later my mom had fell and shattered her hip and for someone that is 81 with mobility problems thats not good, needless to say I have been at the hospital none stop.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yeah I think I have probally at least 2 of them if I just put all of the pieces back together, my wife told me the other day if I did not quit buying parts for it I was going to have to add on to store all the parts, If Kawi would sell me a serial # I would have two and then I would only have about 20,000.00 in each one. LOL

It just ain't meant to be for me and my Teryx, I finally got all of my illness lined out and went to the shop about 2 weeks ago to get my Teryx going, started that morning to work on it and sent my son with my mom to her Dr visit, he called me about 2 hours later my mom had fell and shattered her hip and for someone that is 81 with mobility problems thats not good, needless to say I have been at the hospital none stop.
Hate to hear that. You need to call sometime and we can catch up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts