Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, So I was at my local auto parts store and just happened to notice all the interior goodies for cars. I saw these "Bully" brand pedal covers that go over the stock brake pedals in cars for only $11.49. They appear to be cast aluminum with holes and a diamond tread look to them for anti slip.

They have some funky mounting things but they looked hokey and not up to UTV use.
I dug around in my bolt boxes and came up with some stainless screws and nylock nuts and some fender washers and put them all together.

The brake side used 2 screws and I just went through the existing holes and backed up the nuts with fender washers (large washer little hole) and used the locking nylon nuts so they would stay put.

The gas pedal I just drilled 2 1/4" holes and put the pedal cover on sideways (from what it would be in a car) and made sure there was clearance for the brake pedal and tunnel , then put it together like I did with the brake, except for not using fender washers. Check out the finished pic below.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey good idea...looks pretty good to me :good:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love it when people use that big organ between the ears! There are TONS of aftermarket accessories for the automotive world that with a little re-engineering will work on the UTV's. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have billet everything on my ride, but my budget won't allow it! Great job Jaybo!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great tip, I'm gonna see if I can find them too! I thought eventually that the gas peppy footedness would be trainable, but I still find myself having to FLOOR IT to avoid it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
193 Posts
I tried to build the tunnel out to the pedal versus building the pedal to the tunnel….couldn’t get it right. So this afternoon’s project was to see what I could do with it. Using scrap metal I had on hand, a sawzall, ball pean hammer, I beat a metal plate into shape, bolted it on….works great. Cost excluding my time $0.

Why didn’t I take the time to do this before. Turned out it wasn’t that hard at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool, you could put some of that skateboard grip tape on it. Looks like it might be a little slippery if it gets wet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Im wondering what make/model car would fit best on them? Any idea's?

yeah they do look cool, should be able to flip the gas pedal and even line up the red rubber dealeys so it looks custom :)

Love the barefoot too, I actually have an old one from WAY long ago when I had it on a 64 Plymouth when I was a kid. Didn't think it would look right being sideways :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well….little disappointed. Now that I’m at the ranch and can really test this pedal extension, it helped, but it doesn’t really solve the problem. My foot still has some bounce on the pedal and I get an unevenness in throttle over rough ground. Comparing to my truck, the Teryx tunnel is straight up and down, where the truck, the hump is slanted. I can roll my foot into the throttle in the truck, but I have a direct vertical movement of my foot to apply the gas in the Teryx.

Not sure the solution, but I may want to shorten the width of the pedal extension, then build out the tunnel on a slant to try and copy the relationship of the gas pedal the truck has. Problem is not sure how to build out the tunnel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
barefoot pedal

Jaybo700R - Is the pedal you have the real deal? Not the one that Mooneyes carries or the other ones on ebay, but the one that replaces the factory pedal and not just bolts over it.

Thanks,

Saul

1 - 20 of 24 Posts