Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Kawasaki Teryx and I'm now starting to do some simple mods to it. I have put a CDI box, K&N air filter and I am wondering what exhaust i should order "full or Slip On" and what the advantages/disadvantages are? What other mods should i follow up with after the exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Kawasaki Teryx and I'm now starting to do some simple mods to it. I have put a CDI box, K&N air filter and I am wondering what exhaust i should order "full or Slip On" and what the advantages/disadvantages are? What other mods should i follow up with after the exhaust.
I really don't recommend using the K/N filter,they do flo better,but they dont filter out the fines,I have seen test done where they check the oil after a K/N has been used.not good results,K/N is great for street use.next time you clean yours hold it up to the light.my thoughts.

·
383 Posts
I'm with Doug, full Muzzy's for me on both my cars. Slip on is useless for performance, all the power is in the pipes. A slip on is just more noise and nothing else. Full Muzzy system adds performance and sound and is the most commonly used exhaust on the Teryx and most other SXS's! As far as other mods after the exhaust, you need to be more specific with what you are wanting to do with your Teryx before anyone can recommend upgrades to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really don't recommend using the K/N filter,they do flo better,but they dont filter out the fines,I have seen test done where they check the oil after a K/N has been used.not good results,K/N is great for street use.next time you clean yours hold it up to the light.my thoughts.
x2, Todd has what you need, would swap out air cleaner for sure. get the air filter and billet adapter kit for a nice tight seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts