Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out riding today the large middle skid plate came loose and fell off. I did not realize it fell off until I backed over it. Immediately after that the teryx started loosing power as I pressed the accelerator and started backfiring. I can go very slow, but as soon as I try and speed up the teryx just runs out of steam and backfires.

So obviously something happened when I ran over the skid plate. When I looked underneath the only possible damage that I noticed was an electrical plug of some sort that plugs into the bottom of the engine. This plug was loose and looked damaged. I tried plugging it back in but the same problem continued to happen, power loss and backfiring.

Any idea what I should be looking for to fix this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe the sensor that is damaged is the speed sensor. The damaged piece is circled in red. Could this being damaged cause the loss of power and backfiring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. Replaced the speed sensor with an OEM replacement and it fixed the issue I described above. It was very simple to change out. I was also lucky enough to find a used middle guard, so all parts delivered cost $105.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts