Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 teryx that I recently purchased. it has a stock engine, 27" mudlite xtr's, afe open airbox, carbs jetted, dfr dual exhaust and rev box. I tested its limits and ended up filling the clutch cover with water. it slipped very bad afterwards (since it was still wet) so I ordered a new belt and went ahead and ordered the Dalton adjustable clutch for it. while waiting on the parts to arrive I removed the cover and cleaned out the pond scum from it. with cover off and everything dry I took it for a ride and all was fine again. oh well, new parts were on the way. When the parts arrived and I installed them to find out that the belt was not hurt... and it already had an epi clutch kit installed, however I replaced them anyway. I removed the epi k52 fly weights, the red primary and the blue secondary springs. As instructed I installed a new Kawasaki oem belt and the new adjustable kit using the orange/blue primary and silver secondary. I set the weights up with the aluminum rivet and two set screws. with both of the clutches I was not happy with the harsh stalled engagement that they created and that why I purchased a new adjustable one. I don't have to have the plush stock style....but this is pretty severe to me. it always leaves marks in the yard when you attempt to move from a stop. it doesn't seem to slip which is good I guess. The clutch kit also came with an amber primary spring, does anyone know if this would lower the engagement but not effect performance. I like hard trail riding with an occasional mud hole and don't like to be left behind on the straight away either. Are there any other common mods that people make these 08's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Helix I need your help. I'm just wondering if changing the primary spring from orange to amber will lower my engagement yet not effect performance?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts