Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor internally is toast! instant 3k expense! Is this typical? Happened to you? how many hours when it happened to you? Mines got 500 hours and it went Kapow! My dads 08 has 687 hours and It went just yesterday! Is this a common problem?? or did we just get luck of the draw?!

Thanks, denton

·
383 Posts
Is this a common problem?? or did we just get luck of the draw?!

Thanks, denton
Yup, common problem. The carb plenum rings don't seal very well and the air filter is a piss poor design also that allows dirt to enter the engine easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
?

Yup, common problem. The carb plenum rings don't seal very well and the air filter is a piss poor design also that allows dirt to enter the engine easily.
Dang.... Do you know if they by chance fixed this issue on the newer fuel injected models... im torn between a new teryx and a canam commander...
:confused:

Thanks for the replies by the way!:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Plenum rings for just over $20 from DASA or UTV inc solve the plenum problem. Problem was supposed to be fixed in 2009.
Check out TRP, FST, Weller, DASA, and others for motor kits that add at least 50% more power if you are doing a re-build. I think Hunterworks is on here once and a while and does the ship and rebuild stuff too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts