Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2008 teryx 750LE with 600 miles and 47 hours on it. It's bone stock. I live at 1900' elevation in Arizona and it seems to operate properly besides a little sputter at the top end. Last weekend we went to Williams AZ at approx 7,000' elevation. My Teryx sputtered in the mid range and actually died while driving it at 5-10 mph. After letting it sit for 10+ minutes it started and was drivable again but only for another 5 minutes then it died out again. When it dies it it mimics like its running out of gas. This happened three times. My wife freaked out and finally had it towed back to our campsite. It had fresh gas in it, I checked the plugs and they looked fine but I replaced them anyway. Any troubleshooting help, suggestions or your experience with your Teryx at high altitude would be greatly appreciated! I really like the Teryx and want to be able to use it at home 30% and at altitude 70%. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't. I've had other vehicles with a constant velocity carb that didn't need rejecting for weekend trips. I expected it to be a little sluggish and less power but I didn't expect it to actually stall and mimic being out of fuel. I think it should be running fat at higher altitude, right?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Missing at 3/4 and up throttle after engine gets hot

I've replaced the plugs fuel filter and upgraded the air filter to a k&n that say it can be run on a stock 08.

I thought I was having a problem only at altitude but I'm having it down at 1800' also after the engine heats up (about 7-9 miles of riding) it seem like one cylinder is randomly shutting down for a second or two then come back on!? It sounds ignition retaliated to me and not fuel but?? Any ideals would be appreciated? I've recently purchased this teryx it's an 08 with aprox 50 hours and 700 miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read an older post about the fuel tank breather not working is that a possibility? Even though it sounds ignition related? Also is there a way to test the CDI, coils, etc for proper output? Although I think this would prove difficult as it seem to happen under load and speed but corrects when running slower?

Thanks guys any input would be helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts