Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding this weekend and by the end of the trip it would not want to idle. I figured that the filter was plugged since it was dusty and would wash it to fix the problem. Before i unloaded it out of the trailer I washed the filter. Went to stat and nothing. Just turn over with no fire. Installed new plugs both have spark with you hit the key. Drained both cards, Pulled the gas line off by the carb and when i cranked it gas flows. Checked oil level, coolant all is good. What am I missing. Charged the battery last night and this morning same thing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How many hours does it have on it? it may need a valve adjustment. I found that if you turn the idle up quite a bit it may start or give it some gas as you crank. If these make it run you may have to adjust your valves, as you have check the first few obvious things. At least thats what i found out when mine would just crank and not start till I applied throttle or turn up the idle. Good luck and hope this helps. Im shure more people will chime in with ideas.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is it not normal to have to give it a little gas for it to start? I have 35 hrs on mine and ive always had to give it a little pedal for it to start. just turning the key wont do it unless it is hot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is also possible that you'r air cleaner was dirty, when you cleaned it did you oil it, and if so is it the same oil you always use, I changed oil once and it was to thick my uni twin air could not breathe and I had a bad idle and no throttle response , worth cleaning again for possible easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts