1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
so its going to be slower than the 08?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just out of curiosity....since the Kawasaki digital MPH gauge has been proven to be off 5-10 mph....by countless people, please let us know if speeds given are GPS or from Kawasaki digital dash read outs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 08 does 55 on gps thanks to hunterworks..

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Puddle, I think it is faster.

Yeah I need to get GPS, just have not had time and now I gave the only speed box I had away to a fellow racer who is going to race against me this weekend.

Todd
I'm not sure I would use parts my competion gave me just before a race. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just out of curiosity....since the Kawasaki digital MPH gauge has been proven to be off 5-10 mph....by countless people, please let us know if speeds given are GPS or from Kawasaki digital dash read outs.
When my 09 reads 51 I am going 46-47 GPS. I have not had a GPS run since I installed the PC3/Ignition from DASA but the machine will hit 65 now on a level straight. I am running the Dalton OD cover and clutch on stock tires and Muzzy's exhaust. Much more fun overall with this current setup. Working on getting the mixture dialed in now.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The 09 likes timing. The stock curve maxes at 34-35 degrees then at 7000 rpm drops to 25-26 degrees. I changed it back to 34-35 all the way out and made a nice gain.
At what RPM are you bringing in more timing Todd? What would you recommend for the RPM range? Just curious what your thoughts are on this.

·
Registered
983 Posts
At what RPM are you bringing in more timing Todd? What would you recommend for the RPM range? Just curious what your thoughts are on this.
REMEMBER ..... yours is not the same. On our ignition setup we take the stock timing at about 6800 and then hold that all the way 9200 RPM. We are seeing gains by adding timing all the way through the whole ignition curve.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts