1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project Teryx
WARNING!!! This is just another thread about a money pit. WARNING!!!:eek:

Day 1

When I first picked it up from the dealer and brought it home.

First upgrade.
Kept an eye out for some deals. Got rid of the stock wheels and tires. Wanted something a bit more aggressive. Scored a set of new ITP beadlocks on some Bighorns.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next. Lights. Need something good. Again, cant break the bank, but need something that will fit the bill and not comprimise the performance I need/want.

First ride out. New Years. Just takin the boy for a spin and my cousin took a little spill as well! LOL

:rofl2:
Our kids and nephew were along for the ride when he dumped it. Thanks god for 5 point harnesses and SDR cages!

Now... the fab work begins. If you want style, safety, strength, and a good design... you go with SDR :yahoo:

Double Duece cage, full opening doors, and more to come!

I'll snap somemore pics when I go back to update.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update...

My son and I had the day off today, so what better thing to do than take a ride to SDR and be a looky lou.

Rolled up at about 11am. One guy doing sheetmetal work on my cage, and the other doing wiring on my car.

Heres a few shots of the cage ready to get picked up for powdercoat. Looks better than I imagined. My 2yo loves it as well!

Here it is going thru wiring and what looks to be LT!!!:pepper1:

Should be ready as soon as friday

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great! What color scheme are you going with?
Thanks!
Gloss black. The usual. Cant go wrong there.
I see alot of lights there. Are you running a stoct set up or have you upgraded part of your system?
Im running a single Odessey pc1200 battery. I'll have to pay attention to light usage and charge when parked at night. It should be fine. Theres a member that runs the same set up on a smaller single 925 without probs so far.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks!
Gloss black. The usual. Cant go wrong there.

Im running a single Odessey pc1200 battery. I'll have to pay attention to light usage and charge when parked at night. It should be fine. Theres a member that runs the same set up on a smaller single 925 without probs so far.
that would be me.... i have 5 hid's, hid replacement headlights, lighted whip, and gps....not a problem so far! i havent even needed to charge overnight during the weekend outings.... i do make sure it is on the charger while sitting in the garage tho... my lowrance gps has an active antenna (i think that is what it is called) that i didnt want to wire up to a switch so it is always powered up and draws a little bit of power all the time...

·
Registered
526 Posts
so how much does a cage like that weight??? How much does the whole machine weigh with all of what you have done????

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure but its as light as its gonna get being that it has a bed delete and its a fully loaded 4 seater.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts