Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki has announced that the 750 V-twin engine in the Teryx will receive fuel injection for 2009. In addition, Kawasaki has added a fuel gauge, tilting bed and a number of other upgrades to the '09 models.

Kawasaki has introduced two new Teryx Sport models for 2009. The Teryx Sport and the special Monster Energy edition will feature the new fuel injection system, aluminum wheels, special body plastic and a fully adjustable, performance suspension. The new, performance-tuned suspension features Kayaba aluminum bodied, gas-charged shocks with piggy-back reservoirs. These shocks feature adjustable preload, as well as rebound and compression damping.

Thunderhawk Performance has full details, specifications and photos of the 2009 Teryx on our website at: www.thunderhawkperformance.com. From the “News” section on our home page (right column), you will find two links for a Teryx 2009 model summary, and for a complete new model specification page with complete details & photos of the new 2009 model Teryx.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kawasaki has announced that the 750 V-twin engine in the Teryx will receive fuel injection for 2009. In addition, Kawasaki has added a fuel gauge, tilting bed and a number of other upgrades to the '09 models.

Kawasaki has introduced two new Teryx Sport models for 2009. The Teryx Sport and the special Monster Energy edition will feature the new fuel injection system, aluminum wheels, special body plastic and a fully adjustable, performance suspension. The new, performance-tuned suspension features Kayaba aluminum bodied, gas-charged shocks with piggy-back reservoirs. These shocks feature adjustable preload, as well as rebound and compression damping.

Thunderhawk Performance has full details, specifications and photos of the 2009 Teryx on our website at: www.thunderhawkperformance.com. From the “News” section on our home page (right column), you will find two links for a Teryx 2009 model summary, and for a complete new model specification page with complete details & photos of the new 2009 model Teryx.

so when will they be available?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that the Brute Force uses 36mm throttle bodies. I would assume that these would be easily swapped for the Teryx 34mm units. There may also be options for boring the 34's before long.

The throttle bodies will be less of an issue than the computer. You'll definitely need a method to program the computer if you go with a big bore kit. Of course, with EFI you now have the option of a turbo, which would be interesting :D , and the throttle body size wouldn't be a concern.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
How do turbos do with water and mud? I heard not well, but I don't know. It sure would be cool for the duners though.
Now we need a company to make a program/controller to rewrite the timing map for the EFI models.
I don't think its done well on the Brute Force 36mm efi throttle bodies yet.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well well well, it would appear that the information I received is incorrect.

Good for Kawasaki to release an EFI model, that will just further their saturation of the marketplace and really give potential buyers who are looking for an EFI specific machine another choice.

Those color choices are better as well...sounds like Kawasaki has done some listening to the public this last year.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I can see it now... your EFI... MSRP 16,000 - 18,000
Carbed MSRP 6,000 - 7,000! They will have to sell out the NON EFI, probably (??) before producing the EFI in mass quantities, or they will take quite a loss in the carb models. Only thing I am pissed about is the fuel gauge!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSRP is:
Standard Model $10,899
Sport Model $11,899
Monster Energy Model $12,199

Remember, the '08's with carbs will be preferred by many who want to run big-bore kits. There may be a run on the left-over '08's because of this. I know that I'd grab an '08 right now if I wanted to build a big-bore.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I completely agree with that...and to add (please correct me if I am wrong) but I wonder if the stock EFI system will be able to provide the fuel requirements for a larger displacement motor, I have heard that sometimes this poses a problem.

I know that EFI for most would be the way to go, but I have to admit, I am happy to have my two carbs feeding my 840 kit :good:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With serious engine mods (big bore, turbo, etc), the complete EFI fuel system will need to be flow tested to assure adequate fuel flow. Fuel tank, pickup, pump, lines regulator, fuel rails and injectors must be evaluated to verify that none of these components is causing a restriction. The manufacturer of the BBK (or turbo) should perform this testing and deliver all necessary fuel system parts with their kit.

The fuel delivery tables in the computer must also be manipulated to guarantee proper fuelling. The computer upgrade is another part that should be thoroughly tested with proper fuel maps pre-loaded, and supplied with the engine kit.

This will be new ground for many BBK makers. It shouldn't be for turbo companies, but I've seen so many half-a$$ed turbo kits for UTV's that I'm afraid that we'll see more of the same now that the Teryx is EFI.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Just got off the phone with JetSki Unlimited in Phoenix, while there are a lot of different variables, they are anticipating receiving the 09's within the next two weeks. Likely will be the standard EFI, but from what they are saying...the 09's are sitting on the dock awaiting allocation.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i would like to get my hands on that gas gauge and not to concerned with the efi right now

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
While I have not seen the way it is setup, I believe the whole tank assembly is different, therefore, not thinking that the fuel gauge system will be compatible with the non-efi versions, however, we will see :good:

·
Registered
451 Posts
we will have Bored Throttle bodies for these just like for the rhino and the RZR Now, Dont worry, we will have some stuff to work with the 840 kits.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You know, its not so much that the 09 EFI will be able to be modded, its the idea that the 08 seems to have been rushed into production, so that kawasaki could get a idea on how well it would sell and then had a company survey owners on what kind of features they would like.

Honestly, there was no reason the 08 did'nt come standard with a digital dash, dump bed and fuel gauge, let alone the features that they have put on the 09.

I've never bought a atv or vehicle that was outdated in less than a year, don't get me wrong I love my Teryx and don't regret buying it, it just seems Kawasaki used the 08 owners as a test bed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts