Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Depends on how far you want to go.

Here is our standard list and all items we have either preprogrammed or pre-set up for you.

MSD fuel/ignition controller
Muzzy standard pipe
Dalton Clutch kit
Overdrive plate
Billet air filter adapter with clamp on UNI filter
Cleaning kit with oil for filter
STOP Kit if you are having the oil in the plenum problem

The above is everything you need bolt on wise. If you ever want to do engine kit of any kind you will need these items and you will already have them.

The above list will make a huge difference in performance and not hurt reliability.

Of course we sell it all and can sell it in package form saving some bucks.

Don't just take my word on it, ask the guys on this forum

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
102 Posts
DASA is good but very loud.

A Muzzy pro will actually hurt performance between 0-20 unless you have a big bore kit like a 840 and above.

The Muzzy Pro is a slight bit quieter than the std though.
Power is LOUD, with quiet cores in the Dasa you'll love it. not too loud. But Do not buy a standard Muzzy if you even have a slight notion you might want to do motor work because you will regret it and be stuck trying to sell a terd like so many have done before you. Doubtful you'll notice 0-20 performance differences in anything other than a drag race. But Hunterworks does test his stuff and does nice work. not trying to discount them, just hate to see wasted dough. but from my experiance the standard will bum you out when you decide to mod the motor. thats why I chose the Dasa, plus the sound is BAD ASS!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your guys input i think im going with the msd ing. and the clutch kit for now Ill do some more mods down the road, I want to do the clutch kit because the last time i took it out the belt light came on and it slip a little bit what do you guys think. Thanks again mike

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Thanks for your guys input i think im going with the msd ing. and the clutch kit for now Ill do some more mods down the road, I want to do the clutch kit because the last time i took it out the belt light came on and it slip a little bit what do you guys think. Thanks again mike
It is a good start for sure. Since it takes about three hours to get in and out on the clutch then make sure you do all you want to do in there while you are there.

Example:
Adjust or replace belt
clutch kit install
overdrive plate

There are install videos on our site to help you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't throw money away on a dalton set up. 325 for kit & 150-175 for OD plate+ = 450-475. Just send your clutch to V force john,he cuts the sheave & od plate ( even cuts a dalton plate ) with springs 400 shipped. Way better belt grip & life. Dasa pipe with cores is still loud. Get the muzzy pro's. VFJ will set you up with a package deal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Power is LOUD, with quiet cores in the Dasa you'll love it. not too loud. But Do not buy a standard Muzzy if you even have a slight notion you might want to do motor work because you will regret it and be stuck trying to sell a terd like so many have done before you. Doubtful you'll notice 0-20 performance differences in anything other than a drag race. But Hunterworks does test his stuff and does nice work. not trying to discount them, just hate to see wasted dough. but from my experiance the standard will bum you out when you decide to mod the motor. thats why I chose the Dasa, plus the sound is BAD ASS!!!
Well , you may want to rethink that statement. Standard Muzzys are good very good. I have tested V/S Pro's on BUILT bikes. The Pro's liked the 840 with MAJOR head work. Slight better performance up top. Tod is right from 0-20 you will lose some v/s standard. 840 with out head work performed slightly better with a standard v/s pro. This was tested on two 840's side by side.

All I can say if you find somebody trying to sell a turd (standard Muzzy) jump all over it and smile the whole time when you pocket the savings;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well , you may want to rethink that statement. Standard Muzzys are good very good. I have tested V/S Pro's on BUILT bikes. The Pro's liked the 840 with MAJOR head work. Slight better performance up top. Tod is right from 0-20 you will lose some v/s standard. 840 with out head work performed slightly better with a standard v/s pro. This was tested on two 840's side by side.

All I can say if you find somebody trying to sell a turd (standard Muzzy) jump all over it and smile the whole time when you pocket the savings;)

Missed my whole point entirely:confused: The majority of people who spend the money to modify these machines will in fact get into the motor sooner or later. Why would you buy a $700 pipe you'll want to replace when you do? Muzzy makes great products but the Standard would be a bad decision if you have any intentions to modify your car further than bolt ons. I like the sound of the Muzzy Pro's But the DASA pipes sound way better imho:D the 0/20 argument I have ran both set-ups and they are to close to call, and the friends car with the Muzzy standards eventually sold them for Pro's.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My friend had standard muzzy and a dalton clutch ( he sold and got a xp ).. My car had pro's and a VFJ clutch. I would pull him a car to a car and a half every time. Hey tj was wondering Where you have been.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Some of this is the old chevy vs. ford debate, it won't ever be answered.

There is no test or comparison that is ever fair unless you use the same vehicle, same person doing the same thing with just the variable of the new part.

I had two identical teryxs, same year same mods, one out ran the other ten lengths in a about a 1/8 of a mile. The throttle was not adjusted properly.

So if that one would have had $4000 in mods and the other stock, the stock would probably still out run it. So you could say you wasted your money when in fact it just needed a throttle adjustment. Had the same vehicle with the adjustment needed been time tested etc then added parts on you could tell the parts helped.

Either pipe is good and you are really splitting hairs over either. The majority of Teryx owners are not going to go internal of a engine of those that do will settle for std bore, then some go 840 then a very minor portion ports head etc. So since it has been proven that the std outperforms the pro in the short distance where most people spend their time anyway and top speed is just to measure how long someone's pecker is then I would choose the std.

So by stating the std was what he needed I was almost guaranteed I would be right. Anyone willing to shell out the corn for extreme engine kits are normally already gonna know they need more.

As far as clutching I have heard it every way known to man, you got guys swearing all you need is a spring change. The only people who know for sure is the people who have tried all on the same vehicle and did time test to verify it. Guess what? I don't know of anyone who did this!!

Most every time some one has some agenda and their testing leans that way. When we test products, I don't give a rip which one works best cause I can sell it all so I find something that works for the majority of people, is reliable and we run with it.

Todd

·
Registered
375 Posts
My friend had standard muzzy and a dalton clutch ( he sold and got a xp ).. My car had pro's and a VFJ clutch. I would pull him a car to a car and a half every time. Hey tj was wondering Where you have been.
:D You pulled him because of your clutch.. VFJ clutch setup is better than Dalton point blank period. How is your ride doing with the 840?? Keep a eye on your radiator level. They seem to blow head gaskets.. Figured out why though so if it happens PM me or post. The factory head bolts cant handle a high compression and strech to much. During max loads your head bolts will stretch blowing your gasket and when it cools or not under a load go back. That is why they dont act like a normal engine with a blown head gasket. There is a fix. Head studs that allow you to tourqe to 60 lbs. You will know when there blown when your radiator level drops a couple of inches after a ride and you will have little black things floating in your coolant. Also you will have to lap your heads and jugs.. Not a big deal I can tell you how if you blow a head gasket. I have blown two sets and Merlin one until we found a true fix and why there blowing. How has your bike been doing v/s all those XP's?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Missed my whole point entirely:confused: The majority of people who spend the money to modify these machines will in fact get into the motor sooner or later. Why would you buy a $700 pipe you'll want to replace when you do? Muzzy makes great products but the Standard would be a bad decision if you have any intentions to modify your car further than bolt ons. I like the sound of the Muzzy Pro's But the DASA pipes sound way better imho:D the 0/20 argument I have ran both set-ups and they are to close to call, and the friends car with the Muzzy standards eventually sold them for Pro's.
My Teryx is modified to the max... Engine , clutch, frame, cage ect... So, you missed what I was saying. I have a big bore high compression engine and I have swapped Pros with a standard and the standard seemed to perform better on my bike. We have another bike that was modified to the max just like mine ( actually more than mine because of the extensive frame mods to make the bike lighter) with the exception of radical heads with huge valves and crazy porting.. The pros worked better for him.. I run about 9200 rpms he runs around 11500-12000 rpms.. So, unless you plan on going as far as he did which I would say there is only a handfull of bikes out there that have been modified as much as his then a standard muzzy will be a perfect pipe for what ever you do to your bike.

·
Registered
375 Posts
As far as clutching I have heard it every way known to man, you got guys swearing all you need is a spring change. The only people who know for sure is the people who have tried all on the same vehicle and did time test to verify it. Guess what? I don't know of anyone who did this!!

Most every time some one has some agenda and their testing leans that way. When we test products, I don't give a rip which one works best cause I can sell it all so I find something that works for the majority of people, is reliable and we run with it.

Todd[/QUOTE]

I did this with my bike.. Posted about it on an older post. VFJ clutch kit weights and springs with the right adjustment for the RPMS your engine is dialed in blows away the dalton. The dalton weights cant get light enough for a heavily modified engine. They perfom fine on a all bolt on mods & perform well on a 840 or standard bore but not as good as the Vjohn..

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

Todd
I did this with my bike.. Posted about it on an older post. VFJ clutch kit weights and springs with the right adjustment for the RPMS your engine is dialed in blows away the dalton. The dalton weights cant get light enough for a heavily modified engine. They perfom fine on a all bolt on mods & perform well on a 840 or standard bore but not as good as the Vjohn..[/QUOTE]

I might agree with you on the heavily modified stuff. Never used Dalton's race weights though that are lighter than the standard kit.

Remember who we sell to though, the majority of people who are weekend trail riders.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can see both points, I am running an 840, port polished heads +2 valves/Springs, Bigger injectors, Bored Throttleboddies, so I have had experience with a stock bolt on only car and a build car and the Dasa pipes gave me a better seat of the pants feel than the std Muzzys. Plus I LOVE the sound of the DASA pipes without the quiet core sounds like a V8:D I tried a few clutch mods, but ended up going completely stock with OD Cover seems to just work.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I agree with Todd and KWC the standard Muzzys will out preform the pros unless it is heavly modded heads with bigger valves and porting, just call Muzzy, why do you think they make both and not just one, bigger is not always better, being said all of that its not much difference either way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts