Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
was out for a hard weakend now my teryx will not idle when cold in fact it wont start unless I give it a little gas,Once the engine iswarmed up it runs fine. Any ideas Thanks in advance

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean hard fast rideing overloaded and in one case stuck on a steep hill with belt slipping and running out of power and had to turn to winching out,Are you talking about the idle ajustment on the foot peddle thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
could be the valves need adjusted. Just had the same symptoms on my 08. adjusted and all better. Not shure how many hours you have but i had 130hrs on it when i did my valves.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did the job myself. Not to bad of a job, but a i went to wyotech for auto and diesel mechanics and do alot of wrenching on toys. If you are somewhat mechnicly inclined you can do it. just get a manual and i recomend feeler guages that have a 45 degree bend will help on the rear cylinder and a long straight set for the front. But it can be done with short regular ones and just bend them a bit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I think I figuired it out.When I started to take things apart I noticed oil in the little plastic sight glass on the intake houseing .I guess I was gunning it so much it was sucking oil out of the airfilter.cleaned it all out and ran injecter cleaner through it and seems to be running a lot better
thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Todd is that the little black thing on the side of the throttle bodies that has the plug to it?
No that is the throttle position sensor.

The ISC valve is to the right of the plenum, it has one large hose from intake and two smaller ones going to each throttle body.

This is how the Teryx idles, it gets it idle air thru the valve while the throttle plates are closed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts