Teryx HQ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a 2010 teryx 750 efi. Fuel pump,spark plugs,air filter, and speed sensor is new. Still bogs and spits back, max speed 4mph. I see several talking about changing map but looking at sensors all I see in parts diagram is a air temp sensor on air box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are referring to the CDI mapping. You can send them off to some one to "flash" them with a new/different map. Your's could be fried, who knows. You could buy a new factory one or take your chances on a used eBay one. If you had one to try you could just plug it in and see if it runs right. Being fuel injected I would think it would be easy to troubleshoot if you know the CDI is working. I don't know how you can check it though, without having another one to plug in. Sorry, I don't know anything about the 2010s. I bought a dynatek programmable one for my 08.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are referring to the CDI mapping. You can send them off to some one to "flash" them with a new/different map. Your's could be fried, who knows. You could buy a new factory one or take your chances on a used eBay one. If you had one to try you could just plug it in and see if it runs right. Being fuel injected I would think it would be easy to troubleshoot if you know the CDI is working. I don't know how you can check it though, without having another one to plug in. Sorry, I don't know anything about the 2010s. I bought a dynatek programmable one for my 08.
2008 Carb issues ! Float level ?
Jetting for 4000’ any ideas ?

stock 2008 NRA Teryx 750
Kerry J in Montana

·
Registered
14 Posts
2008 Carb issues ! Float level ?
Jetting for 4000’ any ideas ?

stock 2008 NRA Teryx 750
Kerry J in Montana
Not sure how much help I can offer.
I ran the dasa air filter mod and the Hmf full exhaust. I am also operating at less than 1000 feet. I also purchased their jet kit and followed the instructions and it seemed to work out great. Their jet kit does have recommendations on bone stock for different altitudes as well.
I didn't have to play with my float levels when I cleaned and rejetted the carbs. Thankfully.

I have always been that guy that could do anything, but carbs scared the bejesus outta me. When I finally, reluctantly, dove in? It wasn't that bad.

Unless someone really dicked with the carbs, I'd assume the float levels were never changed. But, a manual will show you how to set them. I'd suggest diving into some YouTube toe learn about all three circuits of a carburetor and how and when they interact with each other. This will take away some of the mysterious magical misconceptions orbiting around the topic of carburetors.

Something my brother mentioned to me that helped, "at the end of the day, your just dealing with hundred year old technology". And? Basically, this thing is a lawnmower.

As far as jetting. I would make sure the carbs are really really clean. Remove all the rubber components before dousing them in carb cleaner.

If the car came from your altitude, it might not need rejetting, just cleaning.
If it did come from a lower altitude, possibly going one jet size down could lean it to your altitude.

If you don't know the history and what was done? I'd start with the HMF jet kit and follow their suggestions.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts