Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kawi is talking about when they say that they have changed the gear ratio in the new 2012 brute force? Are they talking about the bevel gears? Says they made the change to quieten the engine at high speed. Wanted to put brute force gears in my teryx but if thats the change I might go with bevels from a 2012 along with the heads and new cam profiles.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
No changes to the gears just springs and wieghts in the clutch, I am doing bevel gears out of a brute also, as far as the new heads a better flow from what I understand, I think you will be better off going with after market cams and having head work done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the reviews say there was a gear change to eliminate a lot of noise from machine at wide open throttle. Heads are basically the same. Just came off of a 650 that has smaller combustion chamber. Brought compression up to about 9.3 to 1. I just wasn't sure if the gearing change come from clutch mods or actual gear swap.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
everything I have read says that they just done some wieght and spring mods to the clutch with no gear change, and as far as the heads its like you said basically put the 650 heads on with minor chamber mods.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They def. did make a gear ratio change on the BF 750 for 12'. One of the magazines even listed the ratios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts