Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
I have to find a winch mount plate that will fit a viper winch that I ordered. The Teryx 4 hole pattern is about 7" X 2 1/2". I have tryed MotoAlliance but, their mounts wont fit the 2012 (3" X 4 7/8"). All the other sites have teryx not teryx 4 (KFI). Kawasaki and Side by Side sell the OEM for $112 ($$$);This might work but, I need to know for sure. The Warn winch bolt pattern for the 40RT/XT is "Mounting Bolt Pattern: 3.0" x 6.59" * (76mm x 167mm*)". NOT the same as Viper. I would hate to return the Viper winch but, if I cant use it....

Bill

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hey,
I have to find a winch mount plate that will fit a viper winch that I ordered. The Teryx 4 hole pattern is about 7" X 2 1/2". I have tryed MotoAlliance but, their mounts wont fit the 2012 (3" X 4 7/8"). All the other sites have teryx not teryx 4 (KFI). Kawasaki and Side by Side sell the OEM for $112 ($$$);This might work but, I need to know for sure. The Warn winch bolt pattern for the 40RT/XT is "Mounting Bolt Pattern: 3.0" x 6.59" * (76mm x 167mm*)". NOT the same as Viper. I would hate to return the Viper winch but, if I cant use it....

Bill
The viper bolt pattern is same as warn. Meaning their widespool winch is the same as the 4.0 warn, the other vipers is the same as the warn 3.0

·
Registered
46 Posts
winch mount

hi i just got my new 2012 teryx4 and just like to say i love it but i need a winch and mound is there any out there yet help please:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought a 2012 Teryx 4. I bought it with a Warn 4.0R/T and the factory winch mount plate. It turns out that the plate only works with the Warn 3.0, the 4.0 is to big. I ended having a custom bumper made with built in winch mount. I had the winch mounted up higher as well to keep it out of the mud and debris a little better. It turned out pretty sweet! I'll post some pics soon.

·
383 Posts
I just bought a T4 also, and mounted the warn XT40 on it the same way I have done with my 08, 09, and 2010. Redrilled holes right on the winch mount on the frame, I am curious as to why everyone spends and extra $50.00 - $100.00 on a mount when it is not required?

·
383 Posts
Hey Joe,

where you goin with that gun in your hand (Jimmy Hendrix) :laugh:
Can you try loading that pic again, it is really small and hard to see your bumper. I just got my T4 the other day and am already itching to do some mods, need ideas !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought a T4 also, and mounted the warn XT40 on it the same way I have done with my 08, 09, and 2010. Redrilled holes right on the winch mount on the frame, I am curious as to why everyone spends and extra $50.00 - $100.00 on a mount when it is not required?
Yes I had to make my own mount. Drilled holes in the bumber and used the supplied bracket and fairlead. I had to blind drill them but it worked out. so far this Viper works as good as my last Warn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts