Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Teryx 4 that bogs a low speed after warm up. I have done a lot of research but haven't seen anyone with the solution. My unit has 2000 miles and ran great until a couple weeks ago. I have checked the tank vent, replaced the tank filter, blew out the fuel pump, put in new plugs. Drained all the gas and wiped the tank clean which is didn't need.

Running along with constant throttle at say 10 mph or so and it will slowly start bogging down. It will get slower and slower but never die. Then, it will begin running normally leaping forward. When I feel it starting to bog, I can feather the throttle a little and it will take off. It does it in low and hi, 4wd and 2wd. I tried it in low thinking the engine would be running at a higher RPM for the same speed as hi and it still does it.

I don't think it's the fuel pump as it will idle perfect and will run 50 mph as well.

Please somebody...tell me what the solution was for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just as I suspected a new fuel pump did not solve the problem. I think its a fuel problem and not some brake or drive binding. Is the ECU what controls the injectors based on the throttle position sensor??

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hey Dude,

I have a 2014 Teryx Camo. I bought it new off the floor. from day one that has been my issue too. Guess what? No one has an answer for me. It likes the juice. Other than that, it's been one heck of a machine with no problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Dude,

I have a 2014 Teryx Camo. I bought it new off the floor. from day one that has been my issue too. Guess what? No one has an answer for me. It likes the juice. Other than that, it's been one heck of a machine with no problems.
Thanks for the info...I don't think mine was doing it when I bought it used several months ago but it's possible I guess. Just as a side note a different ECU didn't solve the problem either. It's been suggested to check the O2 sensor which I haven't had a chance to do yet... I'll keep you informed... Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts