Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day All,

Looking for some advice from anyone who has these.
I live in Australia.... flat open country with no hills or rock climbing.
I'm looking to purchase a 2014 Teryx LE or a Can Am Commander 800XT.
Vehicle will be used mostly for hunting, and most likely driving around at a slow to steady pace in the scrub.....apart from when we get in "big pig" mode, then it's a matter of jumping on the gas !!
Mostly think I need low-mid range power up to say 70-80km/hr (50ml/hr)
I've heard that the Can Am does not like putting around and can burn belts and also worried about the suspension on big wash outs.
The Teryx has the Fox Podium shocks but 2 inches less suspension travel.
Seems like everyone loves their Teryx's, but the new 2014 LE has a painted finish which may get scratched easily in the scrub, and does seem to have the underbody protection at the front end like the Commander. (Commander has protection for radiator & brake bottles etc). Also the battery is protected in the cab. Teryx has battery under bonnet but exposed when looking in from side behind front wheel.
I'm not into full mods...raised suspension..etc etc. Just want a vehicle I can put fuel in and go, knowing I'll get home.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Aussie Dazzler. I have a 2014 Teryx 4 and I got the camo edition so doesn't have the painted finish. That is an option you can consider. You are correct about the exposure and lack of protection for the rad and the break lines, definately something Kawasaki should be looking at for improvement. The Teryx is limited to approximately 80km per hour but it has loads of power and will get there in a hurry. The Fox Podium shocks provide a fantastic ride. I put the roof and windsheild on mine and I do find that the engine is a little louder than I had expected. All in all though I don't regret my purchase, I love my Teryx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PaulC.
Camo option would be great but not available here in Oz. Kawa are only importing the Candy Lime green in LE model.
Pressure in on as there is only one (1) Commander 800XT in camo left in Oz. Can Am don't usually import the 800 version, only the 1000.... and it's $5k more expensive !
Price for both the Teryx & Commander is the same so really torn as both have good & bad points.
I'm almost at the "toss a coin stage"
Thanks for your input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts