Teryx HQ banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having an issue with oil consumption on their 2015 or newer? Not smoking, no power loss, no leaks, will use 1/2 quart sometimes in 10 miles sometimes 30 miles. Riding at same pace and load, it’s not consistent. I know the catch cans and stop kits were designed to help this issue on the 2008-2012 models. It’s driven by my father in AZ and the dealer is telling him to do piston rings, I’m just not sure with it running fine and having all the usual power. Thanks for any ideas. Have there been any technical bulletins about this issue with the 800’s?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a pretty old post. Have you found the issue yet? I have 2 2019's both suffering with oil consumption issues. I had to redo the exhaust valves do to them not shutting from burnt oil residue. I think, not positive, it was because of a plugged air filter. But only time will tell as i have one back togther ready for its first drive. Ive read the air filter being plugged can cause a vaccum of the crankcase vent and suck oil up into the intake. My compression was mostly down due to the exhaust valves but it had a small leak on the rings. So i replaced the rear ring after a light hone. Now it is better compression wise then the untouched cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts