Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody run the same size tires front and back like on a quad?

Just wondering if the front end will hold up?
Will you be able to steer with larger tires on the front, or brake your arms trying?

Looking at a set of Mud Bugs, their mounted on Brute rims... will they bolt onto the Teryx?

·
383 Posts
I was running 28 x 11 x R14 zilla's all summer and am currently running 26 x 11 x R14 bajacross's and have had no issues with the front end. The diff lock is worn out but I am not sure the tires had much to do with it. I think it needs to locked up solid or not at all, anything in between just wears out the cluthes. I am able to steer with no issues but I have power steering, so I can't help you with this question.

I would go with the Maxxis Zilla's they work good and are light.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anybody run the same size tires front and back like on a quad?

Just wondering if the front end will hold up?
Will you be able to steer with larger tires on the front, or brake your arms trying?

Looking at a set of Mud Bugs, their mounted on Brute rims... will they bolt onto the Teryx?
I don't think you'll have trouble running 28's. Buddy runs them all the time on his Rhino. No issues. Couple of things to consider is that you will need spacers(or offset rims) for sure to run 12's. As well this will put you wider in the trail by about 2". Somewhere around 60.5" I think. If your not in tight trails too much that might not be a problem for you.
Steering should be fine the tread on those tires is middle of the road nothing major with giant lugs.
As far as the Brute rims. No they will not fit directly on your Rex. Our spacing is 137mm vs Brute of 110mm I think.
For the amount of cash seems like a good deal for a good tire. I'm sure you can loose the rims to someone to recoup your money.
Just my two cents.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Running 28x10x14 bajacross all the way around. These tires are not being sold yet as I am doing this as a test for ITP. Have had no problems with me so far. Actually I love this set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts