Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been kicking around the idea of adding a 2nd radiator and mounting it up on the roll cage. I've got a radiator and fan set up off my old Raptor and I was wondering if the stock pump could handle pushing coolant through both radiators and if was even feasible to do. Everything has been done to the cooling system except a larger radiator. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The stock water pump can barely handle the stock system. At minimum you would need to install an upgraded impeller.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got a DASA impeller on it, engine ice, high flow fan, Hunterworks fan relay and bypass switch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its got a DASA impeller on it, engine ice, high flow fan, Hunterworks fan relay and bypass switch.
all that and still overheating? i dont think it would be possible to run 2 rads in series especially so far apart, just routing hoses seems like it would be a nightmare, and it would be a gamble as to whether it would work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got an 09' w/ 840BBK done by Steve(DasaRacing.com) Dasa impeller and run that sucker hard in the dunes and never get it above 190 degree's. If you're running hot do you have any type of brush/radiator guard? It may be restricting air flow and causing higher temps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We ride lots of mud and yes it does have a PPF guard on the radiator. Its had a few battles with sticks and rocks. The mud gets in there and turns into ceramic and its hard to keep clean on the trail. I think I'm going the oil cooler route.

·
Registered
339 Posts
We ride lots of mud and yes it does have a PPF guard on the radiator. Its had a few battles with sticks and rocks. The mud gets in there and turns into ceramic and its hard to keep clean on the trail. I think I'm going the oil cooler route.
My suggestion is to spend some time relocating your radiator into a new location and then add an oil cooler. Relocating it to a raised area behind the cab should solve the stick/ rock issue along with keeping it out of the mud.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might just do that. I chopped the top 4 inches and got to weld it up this weekend so I could get some brackets welded up while I have everything screwed up. Maybe above the passengers headrest?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts