Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people drive in 2wd or 4wd [not locked]?

I always drive in 4wd, Just seems safer that way. I tried 2wd on a dirt road with ups and downs, curves and had to get out of the trottle a few times. But tried it in 4wd and felt alot safer. My teryx is pretty slow compaired to others i can't see it being safe with a engine kit. But i was surprised that i went up a sand hill in 2wd and made it no problem.

I will be doing a bed delete soon and don't think i will ever have it in 2wd. Except on ashfault.

·
Registered
780 Posts
always do 2wd in the woods unless we run up on something pretty difficult.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
always do 2wd in the woods unless we run up on something pretty difficult.
i don't know how fast u go threw the woods but I'll be doing 30 and the ass end will be jumping around and start sliding around in 2wd.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I run 2 wheel only unless I get something really bad, When you talk about the ass end coming around on dirt that how we handle the turns at high speed, the rear end has to drift in the turns once you get to a certian speed but that just might be my youth still trying to relive the good ole days when we raced. LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
I prefer 2wd on hard pack and 4wd in the sand or technical trails. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it in 4wd but it will make it a little harder to turn.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Depending on what kind of racing, I have seen alot of guys racing 4WDs take the front axles and front drive shaft completley out to gain HP and lose wieght, it takes a few more HP to turn front end

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Depending on what kind of racing, I have seen alot of guys racing 4WDs take the front axles and front drive shaft completley out to gain HP and lose wieght, it takes a few more HP to turn front end
In cross country racing where your going left right constantly it helps pull the front the way you want to go.

Something more gradual I would totally pull it

·
Registered
106 Posts
I race in 4wd With the short wheel base it just feels weird at times turning at speed. If these things didnt have a center gravity of a bar stool it would feel safer to drift at speed but I dont like the feeling of my ass end coming around at 50 mph.

·
Registered
282 Posts
in the dunes i almost always run 4wd. we have alot of rythym sections we ride on, and i love how it handles the twist and turns in 4wd. desert riding depends on the terrain. i like 2wd for alot of the really fast runs because steering with the thottle is always fun! 4 wheel drive for the more technical portions tho...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine tends to push like a dump truck in 2wd but it is a 4 seater

1 - 14 of 14 Posts