Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my Teryx dyno-ed. I have muzzy,cdi,air box and dalton clutch. They said stock Teryx was 22hp stock and mine came out at 33hp.

·
Registered
293 Posts
it will burn it out on ice also,just fixed mine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this just on the Teryx, because I had my rhino dyno-ed and never noticed it leaking? What do you mean on ice?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had my Teryx dyno-ed. I have muzzy,cdi,air box and dalton clutch. They said stock Teryx was 22hp stock and mine came out at 33hp.
Todd at Hunterworks is correct about the leaking seal. I just went thru this whole process. I had mine dyno'd a couple times trying to get the A/F ratio correct and then the seal started to leak. I had it replaced under my warranty. So, check it because it will start to leak.
By the way, mine dyno'd out at 44.85 HP at the wheels, so 33 Hp seems a little short of the potential. Do we have the same performance mod's? Muzzy with exhaust wrap, Afe airbox & jetted carb's, DF CDI, Dalton clutch, dynajet hot coils. I will say that mine is still running a little rich at idle but on the throttle it has awesome power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Todd at Hunterworks is correct about the leaking seal. I just went thru this whole process. I had mine dyno'd a couple times trying to get the A/F ratio correct and then the seal started to leak. I had it replaced under my warranty. So, check it because it will start to leak.
By the way, mine dyno'd out at 44.85 HP at the wheels, so 33 Hp seems a little short of the potential. Do we have the same performance mod's? Muzzy with exhaust wrap, Afe airbox & jetted carb's, DF CDI, Dalton clutch, dynajet hot coils. I will say that mine is still running a little rich at idle but on the throttle it has awesome power.
I don't have exhaust wrap or hot coils.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it would be hard to get a fair comparison on anything when the difference could be in the dyno & dyno operator.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Can you tell me where you got the wrap for the exhaust and did you have to remove the pipes to wrap them?

Thx.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can you tell me where you got the wrap for the exhaust and did you have to remove the pipes to wrap them?

Thx.
I ordered my exhaust wrap when I ordered the muzzy pipe. It came as an add-on item from Muzzy along with the upgraded aluminum fan blade. I had to wrap each piece of the exhaust before installing the pipe. So, you would have to remove the entire pipe to wrap it.
You should be able to get the wrap from any local autoparts store. But mine also came with the can of silicone spray you need to seal the wrap with afterwards. It is an easy application but th epipe needs to be completely off the vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered my exhaust wrap when I ordered the muzzy pipe. It came as an add-on item from Muzzy along with the upgraded aluminum fan blade. I had to wrap each piece of the exhaust before installing the pipe. So, you would have to remove the entire pipe to wrap it.
You should be able to get the wrap from any local autoparts store. But mine also came with the can of silicone spray you need to seal the wrap with afterwards. It is an easy application but th epipe needs to be completely off the vehicle.
Thanks: Removing the exahaust is no problem and I sent Muzzy an email so maybe they can just send me some, for a price of course...lol.

I asked about the wrap when I purchased the Muzys form Weller and Jason told me they didn't wrap them when they installed them so I figured forget it. It seemed ok the first couple of rides but it was at night and kind of cool. When I was out the weekend during the day I really could feel the heat on my rt leg. I hope the wrap cuts that heat down a little.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks: Removing the exahaust is no problem and I sent Muzzy an email so maybe they can just send me some, for a price of course...lol.

I asked about the wrap when I purchased the Muzys form Weller and Jason told me they didn't wrap them when they installed them so I figured forget it. It seemed ok the first couple of rides but it was at night and kind of cool. When I was out the weekend during the day I really could feel the heat on my rt leg. I hope the wrap cuts that heat down a little.
IMO, it works great. I noticed a big difference, but I also have the upgrade fan blade so it runs and cools down quickly. I also added some heat shield material to the inside surface of the plastic where the front header pipe makes it's first bend. I don't have any noticable heat on my right leg while driving. It works perfect.

·
Registered
66 Posts
IMO, it works great. I noticed a big difference, but I also have the upgrade fan blade so it runs and cools down quickly. I also added some heat shield material to the inside surface of the plastic where the front header pipe makes it's first bend. I don't have any noticable heat on my right leg while driving. It works perfect.
Thanks for the info, I think I'll do the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you guys talk about 33 or 36 horsepower on the teryx, is this different from the 70 hp that polaris states about their new 850 xp atv??

is the teryx at the wheel vs the polaris

Do you think any of the mfg with ever do away with the cvt style trans. for something that gets more power to the wheels?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Keep in mind, pipe wrap will cause premature failure of the exhaust. Pipe wrap retains moisture, leading to rust. It also causes metal fatigue due to the heat retained in the pipe.

A much better option is ceramic coating. This is common in automotive racing. It's more expensive to get the pipes coated, but cheaper in the long run when you don't have to replace the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts