Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the 39mm fcr carbs on my 840. money well spent these carbs work flawlessly. big improvement over the entire power band. radared the teryx at 72mph at 8600rpm's on saturday and it was still accelerating when i let off the gas.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looking good! I do have a few questions, so please forgive the ignorance.

First off, are the carbs on there attached to each other or are they both on there seperately. With that said, how does the throttle function, are they still synced with the single cable or what? In addition, do you need to modify the choke or carb heaters or anything like that?

What are the advantages to these carbs versus the stock?

·
Registered
293 Posts
these carbs are bigger and better than stockers,making more power across the powerband

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good! I do have a few questions, so please forgive the ignorance.

First off, are the carbs on there attached to each other or are they both on there seperately. With that said, how does the throttle function, are they still synced with the single cable or what? In addition, do you need to modify the choke or carb heaters or anything like that?

What are the advantages to these carbs versus the stock?
no, they are not attached in the pic you can see how they are turned slightly to clear each other. a separate cable gos to each one and then combines into one under the drive shaft housing. there is no choke or carb heater. to start just pump the throttle the accelerator pumps do the trick. these carbs are superior to the stock carbs in every way. first of all the are larger, to take advantage of that we ported the intakes to 38.5mm that is all we could safely go. secondly the stock carbs use vacume operated slides the fcr's are manually operated and have accelerator pumps, that means instant throttle response. trust me these things work great, it won't be long before someone has a kit available!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Big carbs on a stocker?

When I put the Dynatech(sp?):) CDI on my stock engine & maybe Muzzy's would these be something to add, or would they be a big waste on the stock engine? Also, roughly how many hundred $$'s would be involved?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I put the Dynatech(sp?):) CDI on my stock engine & maybe Muzzy's would these be something to add, or would they be a big waste on the stock engine? Also, roughly how many hundred $$'s would be involved?
i can't imagine you wouldn't see some nice gains on a stock motor but you may be better off investing in one of Four Stroke Techs bb kits first. this carb setup will run you close to $1000 if you do the fab work your self. you can get one of mickeys standard bore kits w/cams for that! don't get me wrong though these are great carbs!

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
here are the 39mm fcr carbs on my 840. money well spent these carbs work flawlessly. big improvement over the entire power band. radared the teryx at 72mph at 8600rpm's on saturday and it was still accelerating when i let off the gas.
Your boy from White Knuckle Racing called today, looks like someone is coming for you!:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
What model fcr are these they have a down turn for the float bowl. The fcr's I have used (single cylinder racebikes) are all verticle without a bend. My bro just picked up a teryx I was thinking of one but was going to wait for efi, I never thought of fcr's. Now I might change my mind.

It sucks that these motors can oly open up to 38.5mm did you fully port the motor or just port match.

Finaly the 840 is it bigbore or stroked combo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What model fcr are these they have a down turn for the float bowl. The fcr's I have used (single cylinder racebikes) are all verticle without a bend. My bro just picked up a teryx I was thinking of one but was going to wait for efi, I never thought of fcr's. Now I might change my mind.

It sucks that these motors can oly open up to 38.5mm did you fully port the motor or just port match.

Finaly the 840 is it bigbore or stroked combo.
they are 39mm fcr downdrafts, its an sv650 kit the bowls are tilted. just port mached the intake snout. the 840 is a bb no stroke!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts