Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone uses this forum anymore. But I though it was worth a try.

Anyone have trouble with their 4wd not engaging?

I've got a 2010 T2. When I hit the switch the light doesn't come on and there's no engagement of the front tires.

I haven't done any trouble shooting yet. Just wondering if there's a common problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I never get a reply on here either.. not in the loop I guess.. I have had this same issue with my 09.. but usually in very cold temps.. after setting inside it starts working again.. I think it's a vacuum switch that moves a cable to engage and dis-engage.. could be just an iced up problem..

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had this problem, put some lube on the cable on the right had side of the front diff, seemed to work a little better also when i had the machine apart the vaccum to the cable is located under the passengers seat put some lube on it so it runs down into the cable, and when its cold it can be a bear, if you turn the engine off you can manualy put it into our out of 4x4

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2012 has never had a problem shifting into 4 wheel drive even in cold weather. I have noticed that it will only engage at lower speeds and if you are going fast you must slow down to get it to engage. the owners manual say you need to be stopped, yet the commercial says shift on the fly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had this problem, put some lube on the cable on the right had side of the front diff, seemed to work a little better also when i had the machine apart the vaccum to the cable is located under the passengers seat put some lube on it so it runs down into the cable, and when its cold it can be a bear, if you turn the engine off you can manualy put it into our out of 4x4
X2...used some WD-40 on linkage on right side of front diff and worked it back and forth (assisted by had) until completely free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts