Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 08 teryx today. I am new to these machines, so if my question sounds a little ridiculous, I apologize in advance.

The unit will not switch into 4x4 with the switch on the dash. I can however get it into 4wd using the differential lock lever. Does this sound like a problem with the switch? Cable?....or is it supposed to work like this (I would think not)

Thanks for any input in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 4wd stopped working and it turned out that the bolt connecting the 4wd cable to the actuator fell out... Replaced the bolt, switch works

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Murdock,

What is normal is for you to switch the switch and it not go in until you move a little.

Not normal is you having to do anything but switch it.

You can start looking at the vacuum canister on the front passenger side of the engine under the engine cover and watch the mechanism under it and see if it moves when you switch it, if so then trace that cable to the arm on the front diff. Could just be dirty at the lever.

IF not moving at canister see if you have the vacuum lines connected etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I will check it out. When the switch is flipped, it does not show 4wd on the display screen. I will take look underneath to see what's up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I just went over to my neighbor's house whom is much more mechanically inclined than me...It turns out that it needs a new 4wd cable. Ordering one now. I will get back to you when the mission is complete!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts