Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bone stock Teryx put the Muzzy pipe and Dalton over drive plate in and guess what still went just 51mph.

Had a trick up my sleeve and installed my own little box on there and oila!! 61mph!!

There is a rev limiter and a speed limiter. The Dalton overdrive dropped the RPM down and my little discovery got me by the speed limiter!!

This little box will be a moot point when MSDS or Dynatek come out with there ignition boxes but if you can't wait until Sept. then Hunterworks will hook you up.

I only had one of these so I got to get more in. After today when the competitors sell this it will because we let then in on it.

You can't wipe the smile off my face at this minute!!!

Todd

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ain't teasing. I just figured it out today and have to order some of these special little boxes. When I get them in, I will do a install video on it and sell them.

Dude I am telling you I only had one of these things and had it for over a year with no use for it until today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ain't teasing. I just figured it out today and have to order some of these special little boxes. When I get them in, I will do a install video on it and sell them.

Dude I am telling you I only had one of these things and had it for over a year with no use for it until today.
Had to read all the way to the bottom, Just as I thought somebody makes a part..But where did you get it ,and you're not gonna build em right there at the fabulous new Hunterworks Labs are you ? so what was it made for originaly? dont tell me you are going into these sealed units and manipulating them? Go Hunter!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Today I did my first oil change on my New 2009 Teryx Sport. (Royal Pruple 10W-40 and a K&N). Oil change was super easy. So today was the day I was going to go WOT. I grabbed my handheld GPS and Hit the Dirt road. I was able to go 52 MPH indicated on my speedo. On my GPS it was 47.8 MPH. I felt the limiter kick at 3/4 gas. That sucks because I am loosing 25% of potential power. This is a completely stock 2009 Teryx. No exhaust no anything. I am curious if Todd went 61 MPH indicated on his speedo or was it GPS. GPS would probably put it around 57 MPH. I know this Fuel Injected 750 is capable of going 80 to 100 MPH without a Big Block Kit.

Todd keep up the good work! I am sure you will come up with something that will override the limiter and detuning.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Today I did my first oil change on my New 2009 Teryx Sport. (Royal Pruple 10W-40 and a K&N). Oil change was super easy. So today was the day I was going to go WOT. I grabbed my handheld GPS and Hit the Dirt road. I was able to go 52 MPH indicated on my speedo. On my GPS it was 47.8 MPH. I felt the limiter kick at 3/4 gas. That sucks because I am loosing 25% of potential power. This is a completely stock 2009 Teryx. No exhaust no anything. I am curious if Todd went 61 MPH indicated on his speedo or was it GPS. GPS would probably put it around 57 MPH. I know this Fuel Injected 750 is capable of going 80 to 100 MPH without a Big Block Kit.
Todd keep up the good work! I am sure you will come up with something that will override the limiter and detuning.
Dude there aint NO WAY one of these with bolts ons will even get close to 80!!! They are geared way to low for that. My 08 with an 840 kit, muzzys, VDI, and Dalton clutch with overdrive will only do 72 before it hits a limiter, and I have over double the HP of a stocker!!! I could machine the clutch and MAYBE get it to 75 but thats all without changing the gears in it!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
What up with the Clutch hat. They claim a 12MPH gain with a simple bolt on clutch hat. Sounds to good to be true. I know a clutch mod will help but 12 MPH. Is there an easy way to regear this thing. I am disappointed with 47.8 MPH. Down here we have alot of dirt roads were you can definately air it out. I wanna blast by my buddies on their sport quads. I really dont want to dive into the motor if I dont have to. I am afraid of reliability issues with a BBK kit. Plus I like running pump gas.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What up with the Clutch hat. They claim a 12MPH gain with a simple bolt on clutch hat. Sounds to good to be true. I know a clutch mod will help but 12 MPH. Is there an easy way to regear this thing. I am disappointed with 47.8 MPH. Down here we have alot of dirt roads were you can definately air it out. I wanna blast by my buddies on their sport quads. I really dont want to dive into the motor if I dont have to. I am afraid of reliability issues with a BBK kit. Plus I like running pump gas.
Most clutch caps are giving 4-6 mph on a stocker as long as there is a cdi box on it. Now on my 840 it would only do around 58 with the stock clutch. Once I did the dalton clutch and overdrive plate I could get 72 on the flats, bounce it to 74 down hill. But remember I have the twice the power as a stocker. I did see where a guy was gettin 63 on gps with an 08 with just a dyna and VFJ machined clutch. I would think with an 09 with a muzzy, Hunterworks SECRET black box and a machined clutch you might see high 60's but thats about it without opening up the motor or swappin out the gears. As far as reliability issues with a standard bore or a 840 kit, you wont see much of a difference over a stocker as long as you maintane it correctly. My 840 runs cooler than my stocker does!! And with Four Stoke Techs kits they will run on 92 octane all day long, thats all I ever run. If you want to be able to run with your buddies on sport quads, you definitely need to open up the motor and you better keep your races to 300' or less.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts