Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just radared the teryx at 78mph @ 8950rpm and it was still pulling, it will easily do over 80mph. that is damn fast in a sxs. this is with vforcejohns stageIII clutch mods. if you want to go fast get a hold of john, he knows these clutches better than anyone. he did mine a year ago and i have had no problems, his customer support is top notch also. thanks John!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya my friend, 78mph is moving pretty darn good. Congrats though my friend, that is excellent!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Video!??

No really, how fast does it run flat out on the level in sand?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
It is actually not a clutch kit, he actually machines the clutch to allow more belt travel :) John has been doing it for a long time, he does know his stuff when it comes to Kawasaki clutches...much like Helix from Dalton Industries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Video!??

No really, how fast does it run flat out on the level in sand?

brought the video camera but could not round up a third person to shoot, so it was video or radar. give me a few days i'll get some vid up. don't know in the sand, heading to the dunes next week ill check it on gps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your telling me I can go 78 mph on radar with a clutch kit! Were does one buy one of these kits? That's Awesome

my guess is your going to need more than clutch work, i run one of mickeys 840's w stage III cams, custom exhaust with 30.5" header length, 39mm fcr downdraft carbs with custom air intakes and tons of hours logging data with an LM1 and tuning the carbs.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
my guess is your going to need more than clutch work, i run one of mickeys 840's w stage III cams, custom exhaust with 30.5" header length, 39mm fcr downdraft carbs with custom air intakes and tons of hours logging data with an LM1 and tuning the carbs.
He is right, I run the exact same mods on mine, minus the carbs and machined clutch (have the Dalton clutch kit and OD cover) I can hit right about 60mph on GPS last time I checked it. Keep in mind that is in a controlled area...I hope next week to have it opened up where I will not get a ticket and see what I can ping it at :good:

·
Registered
668 Posts
custom exhaust with 30.5" header length

He is right, I run the exact same mods on mine, minus the carbs and machined clutch (have the Dalton clutch kit and OD cover) :good:
You got that, too.....?

I've seen those pipes (in pictures) , and that is what ya need to release that power, IMO

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
My bad, I run the Muzzys exhaust, do not have any custom head pipes. I must have missed that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the mods in my sig including the v force john clutch machining, i have hit 77 mph gps, im just sure chase just gets there much quicker

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well now I HAVE to get out there and bury the pedal to see how fast it will go.

·
Registered
266 Posts
just radared the teryx at 78mph @ 8950rpm and it was still pulling, it will easily do over 80mph. that is damn fast in a sxs. this is with vforcejohns stageIII clutch mods. if you want to go fast get a hold of john, he knows these clutches better than anyone. he did mine a year ago and i have had no problems, his customer support is top notch also. thanks John!
Chase,
Damn that is flat out flying!!!! Has any of this clutch work or added HP shorten the belt life? Does his clutch work help you with initial low end hook up or is it just top end speed? Thanks

BTW, looks like your modified carb intake is working better?
Thanks. Marty

·
Registered
266 Posts
He is right, I run the exact same mods on mine, minus the carbs and machined clutch (have the Dalton clutch kit and OD cover) I can hit right about 60mph on GPS last time I checked it. Keep in mind that is in a controlled area...I hope next week to have it opened up where I will not get a ticket and see what I can ping it at :good:

DP,
So your saying your getting to 60 MPH and you have the 840 kit? What stage is your cam? I am just curious, because I am getting to 58 ish in hard packed sand and I have only bolt on mod's sim to your's. You have got be doing better than that. Can you get in an uncontrolled/unpoliced area and verify? Are you running the stock carbs? Let me know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chase,
Damn that is flat out flying!!!! Has any of this clutch work or added HP shorten the belt life? Does his clutch work help you with initial low end hook up or is it just top end speed? Thanks

BTW, looks like your modified carb intake is working better?
Thanks. Marty
not sure about the belt life, i think my driving has shortened it though. hopefully John will chime in here soon on his clutch mods, its supposed to help on hook up but i can't say i could really tell a difference. top speed is obviously where it shines, your motor is able to stay in its peak power at higher speeds, can't go wrong there. and yes the air intakes work perfect, no problems with the fuel standoff, both cylinders are running great, have logged a lot of data with them on to make sure. by the way White Knuckle Racing will have these air intakes available soon in billet aluminum for the guys that are interested, they will bolt right up.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
not sure about the belt life, i think my driving has shortened it though. hopefully John will chime in here soon on his clutch mods, its supposed to help on hook up but i can't say i could really tell a difference. top speed is obviously where it shines, your motor is able to stay in its peak power at higher speeds, can't go wrong there. and yes the air intakes work perfect, no problems with the fuel standoff, both cylinders are running great, have logged a lot of data with them on to make sure. by the way White Knuckle Racing will have these air intakes available soon in billet aluminum for the guys that are interested, they will bolt right up.
Good deal I stated looking at making cast air intakes today but if someone eles wants to do it I'm ready for one when they are done. But you know as soon as they are done we will find out we need longer manifolds:laugh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mickey thanks for all the help with this motor i couldn't be happier with it. i have beat the crap out of it and it still runs stronger than ever!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts