Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm having hunterworks build me a motor with the 820 fundy kit. My ? is what is the real difference in the 820 vs the 840, and how much hp does each have.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You should read some threads on these motors because you are about to open a big can of worms, I know both motors have alot more HP & torque than stock! I think you will still be happy with the 820 or 840.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i guess my next ? is can i just put in a performance cam, and not do anything to the heads. And if i do need to do the heads how much$$$$$$

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yes you can but in my experience head work only helps way up top.

Some would say all power in a CVT vehicle is high rpm power but from 0-20 while the belt is shifting out and the RPM is going up it is in the lower RPM range.

Only if I was doing constant top speed running would I do head work.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well seeing how I've done several 840's and did my teryx to an 820 simply because I had the pistons laying around I can say that there isn't much difference but if you're going to pay in full for a kit then why bother with the 820?

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Well seeing how I've done several 840's and did my teryx to an 820 simply because I had the pistons laying around I can say that there isn't much difference but if you're going to pay in full for a kit then why bother with the 820?
The reason is his builder has a problem with hearing the truth from me so his customer will pay twice as much.

I PMed Fox before the sale,he didn't answer it he just sent the PM back blank.:confused:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well i guess my next ? is can i just put in a performance cam, and not do anything to the heads. And if i do need to do the heads how much$$$$$$
My experience is very little gain from just cams without the high compression pistons to help with the flow, really just save your money and do it all at once.
I sure hope that this turns out to be a nice thread between all of our friends! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why in the hell would anyone want to spend more money on an 820 vs. a more affordable 840? I don't care if the 820 is close in performance or not, the 840 is bigger and more bang for your buck. This infatuation some of you have with Fundy kits blows my mind. The way you defend using them over FST kits makes absolutely no sense. You have no argument whatsoever other than having to much money and no common sense.
I guess some people must have more money than brains, I don't. That is why I just purchased a standard bore kit from FST at almost half price of the Fundy kit. I'll be doing other mods with the money I saved and you choose to just throw away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your right a big can of worms.........yea all i realy wanted to know was the hp of the two.
thanks for reply junior

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry i didn't know that there was a big issue between the kits.I'm new to this and i would't of asked if i new. sorry.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Jerry this has caused big heated debates, best to keep it off the forums.

This debate is like the Ford VS.Chevy it will never be decided. Best to buy from who you are comfortable with and who you trust regardless of who that is.

You know what your getting and why. It will run great and be reliable!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Why in the hell would anyone want to spend more money on an 820 vs. a more affordable 840? I don't care if the 820 is close in performance or not, the 840 is bigger and more bang for your buck. This infatuation some of you have with Fundy kits blows my mind. The way you defend using them over FST kits makes absolutely no sense. You have no argument whatsoever other than having to much money and no common sense.
I guess some people must have more money than brains, I don't. That is why I just purchased a standard bore kit from FST at almost half price of the Fundy kit. I'll be doing other mods with the money I saved and you choose to just throw away.
Best Post Ive read on here yet!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree FST 840 is a better deal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dont the 840 have thinner cylinder walls? Is that not a problem and does one of them tend to run hotter than the other. Not trying to start any shirt but just wanting to hear alls opionion since i am try to make up my mind on standard bore, 820 or 840 kit.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts