Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I would like to ask for some advice on my 840. Not a good experience so far. Nothing to do with the kit, just having a difficult time getting it tuned right. Am running a 2010, FST 840, MSD and DASA intake with 36mm brute throttle bodies, muzzy pro's. First ride was a shit show running so rich I had gas in oil. Second ride was a little better after I tried to adjust MSD but doesn't want to idle and still needs tuning desparately. The top end fueling is close, but bottom end is horrible and will always stall when I come to a stop. Like I said it has nothing to do with the bbk kit, but all to do with the MSD mapping. What a pain in the ass to try and tune this thing while somebody else is driving. I want to put the MSD on my 09 teryx just for the limiters and timing advance and replace it with a Dynojet 5 and autotune. Question is will the dynojet add enough extra fuel for the BBK and then what does a guy do for timing advance as it is just as beneficial for power as fueling I would think. Could you stack/piggyback the MSD and Dynojet. Also I have a Dalton clutch kit with OD cover no screws or rivets and RPM's are only winding out to about 7300 while in the shifting phase so it is way short of peak HP (8000rpm with stage II cams), will heavy tires affect the shifting phase engine RPM or not. I wound it out to about 68 MPH on the speedo (fast enough for me) but took a while to get there for sure. I hope somebody can shed some light on my situation as it sucks ass getting so hyped up reading about everyone else's BBK success stories and talking shit to your buds about how you are gonna whoopem and then being so dissapointed with the results. :(:(:(:(
Thanks Jeremy

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are DASA maps but he is running different pipes, no airbox lid, sea level maps with california air completely different circumstances than us up here and smaller lighter tires and his machine is probably alot lighter than mine. To many variances to provide a spot on map. I am not blaming the DASA maps, just to many differences. He said he was testing a 840 with muzzy's and he would let me know how it turns out, maybe that will help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Frist thing I would do is get it to idle keep taking away fuel at idle you might not need much more than stock with the bigger injectors?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just tuned a car sat ........

FST 840, Muzzy pipes, Dasa injectors, Dasa cnc ported heads, Dasa 38mm throttle bodies, dalton clutch with no weights, dasa intake with plenum on and air box lid off.

1. Going from stock throttle bodies to Dasa 38mm throttle bodies this car picked up almost 8 HP ..... ACROSS THE BOARD. This car rips now it is amazing how much more power it got. It feels like a new car.

2. I will e-mail you the map tonight.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Steve I could use the map, and Mickey if you come up with one that works let me know. Will the power commander and autotune tune my motor better than I can (probably) and can It be used with the msd for timing curve? Will they hook inline with each other.

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give me a call and I will walk you thru it, not much to it really. Do you have larger injectors?
Hey Todd, if I can't get this thing figured out I will for sure give you a call for some advice, and yes I am running DASA injectors.

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts