Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here and looking into getting a teryx in the near future even though the Rzr Xp 900 just came out. I am wondering what power gains people are getting on the dyno from a stock teryx to a 840 on a average just to give me a idea. Everyone says they noticed a huge difference but what is that? 30% more HP, Double the HP, triple the HP?? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Watch the you tube video of the turbo razor racing the 840 teryx!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi, new here and looking into getting a teryx in the near future even though the Rzr Xp 900 just came out. I am wondering what power gains people are getting on the dyno from a stock teryx to a 840 on a average just to give me a idea. Everyone says they noticed a huge difference but what is that? 30% more HP, Double the HP, triple the HP?? Thanks guys!
You will tripple your REAR Wheel HP :D Alot of the other bikes 1000's , and 900 RZR that are claiming around 85 hp are qouting flywheel hp. So if your comparing flywheel hp for a 840 your talking 115hp+ . Here is a little idea of what its like. This is my bike going down a road with a slight up hill pull. Should give you a idea what to expect from a 840 :wave:

·
Registered
282 Posts
i just did a dasa 840 kit on my 08. it dynoed at 69 hp at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just did a dasa 840 kit on my 08. it dynoed at 69 hp at the rear wheel.
Man I want one!! I know this might be a sticky conversation... but any idea which is better for the 840 kit, EFI or Carborated? I read in a couple places that the 08 would be a tad cheaper and is lighter then the EFI and possible to make more RWHP.. Just wonder what you guys think I should go with? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
they are pros and cons but I prefer my FI 09, if I was buying now I would for sure buy 2010 or later to get the opening hood and a little better cooling, when they first come out I did not like their looks but one modded out has really grown on me, same basic mods seem to make a couple of more hp on the 2008s but if you want the hp out of the 2009 and later you can get it with different mods like the bored throttle bodies is a very simple bolt on but it is a little pricey, I will have a couple more of them ready in about 10 days that will be at a very good price.

·
Registered
311 Posts
V Force John's 08 standard bore makes 63 RWH. There are vid's of the dyno on u-tube. On the 09's you have to get in to the heads more. Vid looks like it's smooking wildcat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm still fascinated with my stock 2010 Teryx power and acceleration. I had a lifted golfcart for the last 3 years so it may take me awhile to get use to the stock Teryx. I guess that is a good thing because there is now way I could afford a 840 kit. Maybe I should start saving now. :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
the cost of the 840 is not bad, but when you get in to the head work you can easily spend 2000.00 in the heads alone but that is where there is so much hp to be gained after you go big bore, compression, fuel, and air all meet up in that little thing we call heads.:laugh:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Save your money , get a clean 08. Install a FST 840 , jet , clutch kit , standard muzzy ( alot of 08's will have some of the stuff already installed) and a CDI box. With the money you saved upgrade the radiator with the DASA larger radiator and high output fan ( bye bye over heating ) and you will smoke all 09's, 10's ( sorry EFI guys ;) ) and have alot less money in your 840 Teryx.
Pitdog I am sick of this weather. I need to get my rex out of the garage and knock the dust off it :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also wondering about the fi teryx 2011 and what is all needed for an 840 kit. Do I just order the kit and that's it or will I need extras to make the engine last ie rad upgrade,cdi,exhaust,clutch kit? Where is the best place to buy and what's the potential horse power gains from all of this. I'm thinking this is what I'm gonna get since these bike company's keep coming out with bigger engines and I can't go out and buy the newest one every year (which would be awesome). I wanna be able to keep my investment and also keep up to the newer big engines like can am and polaris guys. so any help in a wish list of items needed for this kind of upgrade also if all this could be done in stages as money isn't in full supply and I still wanna be able to pay the mortgage and upgrade here and there till its all done.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Top kit right now is big kev performance 919-803-0883.Tell big kev I told you. 64 T0 72 hP You will need other things. V force john on the clutch mod. Catch can, hi flow impeller. Valves if you want top hp,port job. But a 840 kit rocks for every day use.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i got a standard bore it makes 66 hp to wheels and havent done the clutch yet ,really all u gain with the 840 big bore is low end i would think.not sure its worth the extra$$$$.

·
Registered
62 Posts
big kevs performance ,he actually did my head werk too.i can tell a major diffrence from bout 30mph and up . havent found a 800 s to touch it yet .ive had it to 67 and still havent had time to put my clutch kit in yet hope to get 3 more mph out of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts