Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
Just wondering if anyone with either a std bore or an 840 kit have raced against the new 950 artic cat. If so, what was the comaparison? I am a Teryx guy but I'm just looking for input on how the BBK's will do against a larger CC stock motor UTV.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey there,
Just wondering if anyone with either a std bore or an 840 kit have raced against the new 950 artic cat. If so, what was the comaparison? I am a Teryx guy but I'm just looking for input on how the BBK's will do against a larger CC stock motor UTV.
I would think in 300' to 500' the built teryx will smoke it. I know my 840 teryx is close to my old FST 800 prairie in 300'!! Hopefully someday I can find out!

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I just talked to Dirt Wheels about this question last week. They called to talk about what it would take to make the Teryx faster. They just did a shoot out with the two stockers and told me how they did on the flats as well as the up hills. No matter what you do it's all in the tuning afterwards to make sure you are getting the most out of anything you do. I believe a std bore will run with the 1000 and the 840 will stomp it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just talked to Dirt Wheels about this question last week. They called to talk about what it would take to make the Teryx faster. They just did a shoot out with the two stockers and told me how they did on the flats as well as the up hills. No matter what you do it's all in the tuning afterwards to make sure you are getting the most out of anything you do. I believe a std bore will run with the 1000 and the 840 will stomp it.

Thanks Mickey,
I know it all boils down to the power to weigh ratio and then hook up to the grd. That 840 just keeps sounding better all the time to me.:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We should know after this weekend at glamis :yahoo:
Let us know if you race any 950's this week. I am really interested in some actual results. Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
DD,
If you are on the fence between the std. bore and 840, go with the 840 and that way you won't ever think or say I wish I had the 840. It makes some awesome ear to ear grinning power.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Going to Little Sahara next weekend for three days. Will try to get video of any races I can find. Got my 26x12x12 9 paddle extremes mounted up ready for the dunes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DD,
If you are on the fence between the std. bore and 840, go with the 840 and that way you won't ever think or say I wish I had the 840. It makes some awesome ear to ear grinning power.:D
Yeah I can only imagine. I am joneings real bad for the 840. I need to wait until my riding season is over,in about a month or so. Then I can decide what to do but I am leaning in that direction. It's just the extra bucks because I also want FCR's which may have to wait. I am also thinking about added clutch work by Vforce john on top of my dalton setup. Good Clutch operation seems to have a big impact on hookup, which is required to transfer the HP's to the ground. I am wanting to get as much done as possible for my budget of $ 3 K. It seems like it boils down to the 840 kit & clutch work and no FCR's or std bore, clutch work & FCR's. I will probably do the FCR's later, because CC's are more important for now and Carbs are an easier add later. Are you really loving the new power? How much more pulling power is there?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Let us know if you race any 950's this week. I am really interested in some actual results. Thanks
I raced at least 4 big cats this weekend at glamis; two of them at the drags friday night;..the Poflo red teryx won by at least 20ft because I couldnt see them at the end; the other two were fast because I was hauling ass when I passed them..:laugh::laugh:

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I raced at least 4 big cats this weekend at glamis; two of them at the drags friday night;..the Poflo red teryx won by at least 20ft because I couldnt see them at the end; the other two were fast because I was hauling ass when I passed them..:laugh::laugh:
What do you have done to yours? Was the drag up hill? The reason why I ask is because Dirt Wheels called the other day and they said the cat was fast on the flats against a stock Teryx but up hill the Teryx was faster.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was in Glamis this weekend, tried to find a Big Cat to race me with no luck, tried to race Johnny from UTV crap but his rear axle had popped out. Won every race, except one to a red 840 teryx with FCR's it was Flying!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What do you have done to yours? Was the drag up hill? The reason why I ask is because Dirt Wheels called the other day and they said the cat was fast on the flats against a stock Teryx but up hill the Teryx was faster.
Micky,I have done it all,your pistons,my special weld port big valve heads,fcr carbs ,special grind cam,timing,..etc.. 10.7 comp on 91 octane pump gas. My best pass at the drags was around 64 mph.Check on Rhino Talk. Some of my friends got to see it run...Made it up China Wall at Glamis w/ a 5mph roll start at bottom; top of hill was 22mph; vidio will be on rhino talk this week.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is a 840 down south that said he is going out there, not sure when.
Me and my buddys will be there for Snake Hunt weekend, My teryx 2 turbo RZR's and a built motor rzr. should be fun, we will have to try them all out for sure.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was in Glamis this weekend, tried to find a Big Cat to race me with no luck, tried to race Johnny from UTV crap but his rear axle had popped out. Won every race, except one to a red 840 teryx with FCR's it was Flying!
Like you said.,you won every race except the ones with the red Poflo teryx;sure was fun to race you though;cant forget the black teryx without the bed; the shocks you were running was way impressive when you went through the the whoops;what are those

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lonestar +5 LT with standard Elkas pre load adj only. so that was your Red Teryx poflo? i will have to upload a video of it looks like it was hanging with a big buggy!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lonestar +5 LT with standard Elkas pre load adj only. so that was your Red Teryx poflo? i will have to upload a video of it looks like it was hanging with a big buggy!
That was me; we should have stopped to officially introduce ourselves

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Micky,I have done it all,your pistons,my special weld port big valve heads,fcr carbs ,special grind cam,timing,..etc.. 10.7 comp on 91 octane pump gas. My best pass at the drags was around 64 mph.Check on Rhino Talk. Some of my friends got to see it run...Made it up China Wall at Glamis w/ a 5mph roll start at bottom; top of hill was 22mph; vidio will be on rhino talk this week.
That's what I was wondering if it was a 840 or not, I seen you were selling your Fundy 820's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts