Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they compare? Has this race happened yet?

I saw a Dragonfire video of an 840 racing a turbo RZR in the parking lot and it was a close race. I've heard the turbo RZR's can be faster than the rotax builds.

I only ask because I would like to do a 840 kit with additional head work like port and polish, larger valves, cams.

I would Like to suprise some of these conversions.:wave:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, well that is a hard one since there is more to being faster than just engine. I would think the 840 would be quicker, but a lot has to do with driver.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand driver is the biggest variable in racing. I was thinking more along the lines of a straight drag race or a race up oldsmobile. Everything being equal: Driver, suspension, proper clutching, etc....

I was just looking for a good comparison of motor v. motor. I know the rotax makes good power and torque. I'm new to the Kawi and was curious to see what kind of potential these motors have being a V twin. So far I have been very please w/ the out of the box performance compared to the rhino.

I kind of have this sickness where I cant leave anything stock. I use these forums as support since its seems most of you share my sickness:D

BTW This site is topnotch lots of great info.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I understand driver is the biggest variable in racing. I was thinking more along the lines of a straight drag race or a race up oldsmobile. Everything being equal: Driver, suspension, proper clutching, etc....

I was just looking for a good comparison of motor v. motor. I know the rotax makes good power and torque. I'm new to the Kawi and was curious to see what kind of potential these motors have being a V twin. So far I have been very please w/ the out of the box performance compared to the rhino.

I kind of have this sickness where I cant leave anything stock. I use these forums as support since its seems most of you share my sickness:D

BTW This site is topnotch lots of great info.
I haven't seen a Rotax vs Kaw 840 run yet. However, I would bet the Kawi would kill the Rotax. 07fj has a Rhino with a 686, with parts supplied by me. His 686 powered Rhino beat a Rotax down the drags at Glamis. The stock bore Teryxs i've built will smoke his 686. So, I am pretty confident about the fantasy drag race results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen a Rotax vs Kaw 840 run yet. However, I would bet the Kawi would kill the Rotax. 07fj has a Rhino with a 686, with parts supplied by me. His 686 powered Rhino beat a Rotax down the drags at Glamis. The stock bore Teryxs i've built will smoke his 686. So, I am pretty confident about the fantasy drag race results.
Good to hear, I actually called you this afternoon about a future build, but no answer.

We will be in touch.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Everything else being equal it would be no contest, the 840 would SMOKE the rotax.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Even one of our 700 kits for a V-Force with stage 2 cams would out run the can-am 800's.

The DragonFire 840 didn't have a good pipe or clutching at the time they ran it against the Razer turbo. It would have been a lot faster with the the Muzzy and Dalton stuff.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You guys are worrying about getting beat by a Rhino :laugh:
Getting beat by anything sucks. I also have the sickness and I already have the Muzzy's, coils, Dalton Clutch kit and OD cover, and a lot more.

I will be installing the FST Std Bore Kit today Baby!! Now if I can pry myself away from the HQ and finish my work, I will be ready by 9AM to start the install!! Yea Baby!! Can't wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Getting beat by anything sucks. I also have the sickness and I already have the Muzzy's, coils, Dalton Clutch kit and OD cover, and a lot more.

I will be installing the FST Std Bore Kit today Baby!! Now if I can pry myself away from the HQ and finish my work, I will be ready by 9AM to start the install!! Yea Baby!! Can't wait.
Did you get it installed yet. :confused:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yes he did get it installed...I think he is pretty excited about it, I am absolutely sure he will chime in ;)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya, I am loving the 840 :good:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes I am LOVING it, very good power increase. I thihnkn I scared my neighbor on it. :)

Mickey was super helpful and the kit is a HUGE fun increase.

I get the jetting right today, hook up my trailer and go ride about 40 miles tomorrow. Oil consumption is not bad at all, and I have an hour + on it already with awesome results.

I think Mickey would sell a couple more kits to HQ members for the sale price, you guys should call him!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts