Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the nov. 4th to the 25th Four Stroke Tech is having a blow out sale on 840 kits. The kit comes with 11:1 90mm pistons,rings pin and clips,head gaskets,stage 3 cams and valve spring. All this for only $799 exchange on your cams. If you want your cylinders bored and re-nic-a-siled call us between 4-7 east-coast times at 814-842-6159 to see availibility or turn around times.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Now that is a smoking deal!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
DP. Don't you have this kit? How do you like it?

Andy
Yes this is the kit that I have and for the little amount of time I had to break it in (until my belt broke) it is awesome!!

Amazing how much more power was got out of this motor with just some top end work...it truly is awesome!

I take it you saw my dyno results?

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been intresting seeing the different customers with different need. So far the hardcore people with long travle Teryx's are going with the 840 while the majority of people want the std bore kit. I perfer the 900 myself:yahoo:, but the best power for the money is he 840 for top end only kits.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am starting to toy with idea of adding more hp even though very few hours...what is the main diff between two kits...how about reliability...jetting carb work etc... what is the simlpliest way to go for hp and reliability. thanks guys...what gas do you have to run with standard bore kits?? can a laymen install camm and cylinders?? with minor knowledge??

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am starting to toy with idea of adding more hp even though very few hours...what is the main diff between two kits...how about reliability...jetting carb work etc... what is the simlpliest way to go for hp and reliability. thanks guys...what gas do you have to run with standard bore kits?? can a laymen install camm and cylinders?? with minor knowledge??
The easyest one is the std bore kit because you don't have to bore it out. Both kits a very reliable and both run on pump gas. We send out all the info on how to do it your self if you have the ability to do so.

·
Registered
266 Posts
From the nov. 4th to the 25th Four Stroke Tech is having a blow out sale on 840 kits. The kit comes with 11:1 90mm pistons,rings pin and clips,head gaskets,stage 3 cams and valve spring. All this for only $799 exchange on your cams. If you want your cylinders bored and re-nic-a-siled call us between 4-7 east-coast times at 814-842-6159 to see availibility or turn around times.
hey there FST,
I am thinking about the 840 kit also but want to know know if there is any decrease in reliability between the std bore and the 840 kits? I am thinking it will much harder on belts at the very least but some of that can be offset with proper driving skills. Also, the 840 kit needs to have the cylinders bored out, so what does this cost? I already have a CDI, muzzy exhaust, AFE airbox, Dalton clutch and dyna hot coil but Is there anything else that needs to be done with this kit? Is there an estimated HP for the kit?

Thanks Marty

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey there FST,
I am thinking about the 840 kit also but want to know know if there is any decrease in reliability between the std bore and the 840 kits? I am thinking it will much harder on belts at the very least but some of that can be offset with proper driving skills. Also, the 840 kit needs to have the cylinders bored out, so what does this cost? I already have a CDI, muzzy exhaust, AFE airbox, Dalton clutch and dyna hot coil but Is there anything else that needs to be done with this kit? Is there an estimated HP for the kit?

Thanks Marty
No difference in reliability at all. The cyl. work is another $500 for both cyl. Stock hp is around 24 I think and with the 840 and everything you have should be close to 60 rwhp.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks FST,
With the bolt on items I already have the dyno said I am putting 42.85 Hp to the grd. So, your saying the 840 kit should get me close to 50% more HP or around 60 HP rwhp? And I think you said in another post that the std bore kit is about 8 rwhp less or somewhere around 50 to 52 rwhp? If this is correct I think the 840 kit might be more of what I am looking for. The majority of my riding is sand dune and sand trails with some hard pack sand/dirt mixed in. What I am looking to acomplish with a kit is too maintain, as much as possible my hill climbing speed thru out the climb. so I need as much low to mid range torque as this will can put out. On flat grd riding I want to get that quick snap at take off and get up to speed as quick as possible. Would you agree that the 840 might be a better choice for me?
Thanks for all your great info. I know everyone on this site learns alot and this shortens our learning curve with these machines.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks FST,
With the bolt on items I already have the dyno said I am putting 42.85 Hp to the grd. So, your saying the 840 kit should get me close to 50% more HP or around 60 HP rwhp? And I think you said in another post that the std bore kit is about 8 rwhp less or somewhere around 50 to 52 rwhp? If this is correct I think the 840 kit might be more of what I am looking for. The majority of my riding is sand dune and sand trails with some hard pack sand/dirt mixed in. What I am looking to acomplish with a kit is too maintain, as much as possible my hill climbing speed thru out the climb. so I need as much low to mid range torque as this will can put out. On flat grd riding I want to get that quick snap at take off and get up to speed as quick as possible. Would you agree that the 840 might be a better choice for me?
Thanks for all your great info. I know everyone on this site learns alot and this shortens our learning curve with these machines.
Yes to everything you said. Yes I think the 840 would be the better way togo. Alot of guys like the 750's but the 840 is the hot set up for what you want.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts