Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another forum, but thought I would also try here. I purchased a lightly used 2010 Teryx with 98 miles and 10 hours on it. This thing is very clean, I don't think the previous owner even took this off road. At approximately 10 mph there is a rattling noise that then goes away. Too me it sounds like the heat shield may be rattling at that "frequency". It seems tight underneath, I was thinking of adding some silicone caulk around the edges to get rid of any chance to vibrate. Do others make this noise? If so what did you do to get rid of or just live with it? Also, this is my first side x side, over bumpy terrain, I'm having a hard time keeping a steady throttle. Is this somthing that just takes time or is there a trick to this? Or an adjustment with the throttle peddle tension? Last comment was from the wife riding in it that it was noisier than the 4 wheeler we had. It has stock exhaust, I'm assuming it's just from the engine location. Is there any sound deading ideas to quite this a little to keep her happy? Thanks for any input, I'll try to post some pictures up of this unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dont know about your rattle. Just have to get use to the throttle. Yes seems louder but heck I have a muzzy pipe and I like the performance noise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2010 also. They do make more noise that a quad because the engine is sitting almost in you lap and you are enclosed more than a quad. Buy a stereo sysem from SSV and crank it up and the noise goes away. Depending on what surface you are riding on and what kind of tires you are running may give you the vibration at low speeds. The gas pedal can be touch-eee, I took a piece of 1x1x6" long 1/8" aluminum angle and bolted it perpendicular to the gas pedal extending toward the right side. I drilled two holes on the flat spot just above the pedal and bolted it in, this brings it close to the center plastic shroud that covers the front shaft. You can rest the side of your foot against the plastic and this will give you more pedal control when going over rought terrain. Round the edges of the angle so there is no chance of it getting caught on anything. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2010 also, i had a rattle that sounds like the one you describe at a certain engine speed and traced it to the skid plate under the motor. it is a little flimsy and was bent slightly. Mine had an area that had slots around three sides that was bent up and when I bent it back down the resonatating rattle went away until I high centered it again. I think alot of the engine noise is the intake, I did the opposite of a snorkel and removed the top of the air box and it got very loud . I think a well designed snorkel would help, but at speed I would like an overdrive clutch cover to lower engine rpm. The Kawi V twin isn't very loud in the prarie with a stock air box. My Teryx doesn't seem loud until i get up to 25 or 30.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts