Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a few posts about this. I know there have been some changes with the STD pipes since they first came out.

Just want to get some short quick answers. I'm stock engine, going with a MSD, Muzzy, Clutch..probably won't go big bore..but you never know.

-Do they run the same, like same setup, install?
-Heat/Sound I heard is pretty close?
-You can use whisper cores in both?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The new style wether it be Standard or Pro the routing is the same, the old standards ran a different route and caused more heat issues, the heat and sound is similar, the Pros are a little louder, almost no heat difference on the same like set up, as far as whisper cores I know they make them for the Pros, I think now you can get them for both and you hear different opinions on HP, some say on a stock engine that the standards dyno a fraction better than the Pro but with a big bore you will for sure get a little more out of the Pro, very little difference in price, makes you wonder why Muzzy still build both instead of being like Dasa and just build one, makes you think that maybe on a stock machine that the Standards are tuned a little better for stock with just a touch more back pressure. No big difference just go with your gut.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Pretty much what I thought! I think I'll probably get the Std...I can get them all in for around $820 Canadian shipped from the US....if I tried to buy them here in Canada, I'm looking at $1100 plus taxes, etc!

·
Registered
311 Posts
BD I think V force john told me it was over a HP on the pros. In the past muzzy has made the pros then fazed out the standard. Shanny call v force john or mickey at four stroke tech. way better price. Any one want a set of wispper cores I have a set for the pros.Like BD said no big diff unless your going BB.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did talk to him about the Muzzy pro, I think that is all he sells...which is fine, I would go either way, I am going to send my clutch there.

He quoted me $800US, not shipped...so I'm way ahead of the game with my price I think. The pros are around 40 bucks more maybe shipped to me. I will see what he can do thought once more...problem is, I can't do it all at once $$$

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought the Standards when I got mine. I thought I'd never do a Big Bore kit... Then I blew my engine.

When I was ordering my BBK from Muzzy, they told me that the Standard exhaust was originally designed for the BBK. They have since made some advancements, but I was told by Dave at Muzzy that there would be no major loss in power if I didn't upgrade to the Pro with my BBK.

I guess he could have just been feeding me the Sales BS to secure a sale... But if he was, well, it worked. lol

I should get my engine by the end of the week. I can't wait!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I did talk to him about the Muzzy pro, I think that is all he sells...which is fine, I would go either way, I am going to send my clutch there.

He quoted me $800US, not shipped...so I'm way ahead of the game with my price I think. The pros are around 40 bucks more maybe shipped to me. I will see what he can do thought once more...problem is, I can't do it all at once $$$
MIght want to call me at the office on price and get the low down on the differences.

Todd

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will do...not sure if u can beat the price but i will call as u are a good vendor...if i do i might have to buy a few other things from u!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Dynoray dyno'd a stock muzzy, Dasa and a stock Muzzy with the restriction flanges ground out on a built motor. The Dasa was a big gain over the stock Muzzy, but about the same as the altered Muzzy. Would not the Pro version be similar to the altered stock Muzzy?

Link to Thread showing testing

I always remember you posting a huge comparison chart of various pipes and the dyno results. :Thumbup19[1]::good: Very good for the community and I thought you led the way in Muzzy pipe sales for a long time, as the publics way of thanking you for spending the time.

I think I'd always go with the pro, if I got the same power and quieter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I was doing big bore I would get the pro for sure. But I can't see it happening...maybe if I blew my engine I would...then bring it to Ray for a standard bore kit in Truro....but I just can't see it happening...

Anyone else have experience with both on a stock engine?

·
Registered
167 Posts
If I was doing big bore I would get the pro for sure. But I can't see it happening...maybe if I blew my engine I would...then bring it to Ray for a standard bore kit in Truro....but I just can't see it happening...

Anyone else have experience with both on a stock engine?
That's what I said to man... But $h!t happens:toilet_claw[1]:. If you blow you motor, there's no use going back to stock.

If I knew then what I know now, then I would have gotten the pro. Now I guess I'll just see what I can get out of the old girl with the standard.:banging:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But if I do get the STD and then later I want the PRO for a big bore..then I could sell it and get another one...shit I don't know. Some people seem to think the STD is better for a stock engine, so thats why I'm leaning that way.

·
Registered
311 Posts
All I know is my buds car is just like mine at the time. he had standard muzzy and dalton clutch and cap. I have muzzy pro and a VFJ clutch. And I could pull him over a car every time. Also I am 75 lbs heaver. I am sure you will love either one,huge diff in power over stock. call mickey at four stroke tech and check his price.Like I said VFJ does a bunch of dynoing and he seals only the pro.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All I know is my buds car is just like mine at the time. he had standard muzzy and dalton clutch and cap. I have muzzy pro and a VFJ clutch. And I could pull him over a car every time. Also I am 75 lbs heaver. I am sure you will love either one,huge diff in power over stock. call mickey at four stroke tech and check his price.Like I said VFJ does a bunch of dynoing and he seals only the pro.
I would think that it's the VFJ clutch that gets you that car length...ummm grrr I don't know.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I personally think this is splitting hairs. My opinion would be if you're gonna remain stock or STD bore kit go with std, if you gonna go big bore at some point go pro.

Unless you put both systems on same vehicle there will never be a fair comparison. We did it on a stock engine and the Pro barely edged the std out.

Other testing I read about said the STD did better in the slower RPM and Speeds which would be expected with slightly smaller pipes.

So go with my first statement and pull the trigger. At the end of the day your butt dyno is not gonna know much difference.

Remember only on forums do things get analyzed to ninth degree and get you confused.

Just ask what is the best oil and see where that goes or the best engine kit!! LOL

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hear ya!

I've been told that the STD will produce more heat, than the PRO. That's the main thing I'm concerned about. I think pwr wise I'm ok with either.

Can you use Whisper cores in both?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts