Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyne had any experience with installing an alarm system with a remote start option. I am attempting to install on an 08 Teryx. Help!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not to be negative but, I think it would be difficult to get a 08 Teryx to start remotely because of the manual choke and you have to give it some gas.

Now, a 09 Teryx would probably be a good candidate because it is fuel injected.

Good luck.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I think my concern would be forgetting and leaving it in gear...granted it would not start, but you never know.

travdude brings up a good point though, might be a little hard on the '08 easier of course on the '09 with DFI.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know you can get a remote system to work on a manual transmission vehicle. I have an Astrostart on my nissan frontier, which is a stick. You wire a relay into the alarm system, bosch type relay. In order for the remote start to work I must have the parking brake engaged, you get a custom to leaving it in neutral.

I am interested in an alarm system also, I don't need the remote start feature, although it would be cool. Anybody have a decent inexpensive alarm system? Or even a kill/over-ride switch to deter theft, or at least slow-em down till I can get them in my sights?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I know you can put a remote start on a manual, but as it was mentioned, not really sure how well it would start.

One idea could be a removalble steering wheel ;)

eBay has a ton of the 2 way alarms, I know my buddy has got a few from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts